Guess Who's Back

After giving birth to Carla, Cruella had me stay on bed rest for a week before letting me move into the apartment. During that week my dad stayed in the room I was stuck in, sleeping on the couch in the corner. They helped me move into the apartment but other than that, Cruella and my dad would come around once a week to check up on me and Carla. Taking care of Carla was exhausting but enjoyable at the same time.

Currently I was playing with Carla, with an old dog toy of Carlos'. She was smiling and laughing but then that went south a few minutes later. She was crying and fusing so I carry her to the kitchen to make her a bottle. I give it to her, temporarily stop her from crying. There was quiet for at most ten minutes until she started up again. This time I assumed she was just tired, so I started to sing the only song that could get her to sleep.

" A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep 
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true" I finish singing. I hear the light snores of Carla. I smile at my victory of getting her to sleep. I carefully move to lay on the couch with her on my chest. I turn on the radio to play some light classical music. I then daze off in to a dreamless sleep.

An hour later I hear the gate to apartment lift. I quickly stand up holding Carla close to me. I walk close to the entrance and call out, " Who is it? What are you doing here?!" I then see Mal walking up the steps. I freeze in my place in shock. " M-mal?"

" Hi Thana" Mal says. She look in my my eyes but then they fall to Carla in my arms. " Is that?" She asks walking closer. I nod at her, a smile then grow on her face. " Can I hold her?" She asks.

" Yeah of course. But please wash your hands. You never know what on the Isle." She nods and runs to the kitchen sink. I walk the living room and sit on the couch and then seconds later Mal sits next to me. I hand her to Mal and Carla fusses a bit before calming down. I see Mal look at her in awe and just that puts a smile on my face.

" What's her name?" Mal asks while lightly stroking Carla's face.

" Carla Hades De Vil" I say leaning on the couch.  Carla then wakes up and looks at Mal. She then giggles into Mal's soft touch. " Carla, this is Auntie Mal." I say in a baby voice. " So Mal what are you doing back on the Isle?"

" Can't I visit my sister and newborn niece?" I give her at look that says 'really?'. " Ugh fine, I realized that I don't belong in Auradon. I'm not cut out for the lady of the court stuff."

" Ah okay." I say. We stay in a comfortable silence, while admiring Carla. Mal turns her head to me and I give her a 'what?' look.

" Can we go to Curl Up & Dye. I need to fix my hair." Mal asks giving me puppy dog eyes.

" Of course, I've been meaning to visit Dizzy for a while now." I say. I then grab Carla out of Mal's arms and changes her into more appropriate clothes for the outdoors. I then put her in her carrier and meet Mal at the door.

" She looks so much like Carlos." Mal said looking down at Carla.

" Yeah she does" I say looking down at her.

" Carlos talk about you constantly." Mal says, giving me a smile. " Tells everybody we hang out with about you and how much he misses you."

" All good things?" I ask.

" Of course, what is there bad to say about you?" We laugh and walk through the alley to Curl Up & Dye. Once there Mal goes in Dizzy notices her and looks up with excitement.

" Thana! Mal! Is Evie back too?" Dizzy asks in excitement.  I giggle at her excitement.

" As if." Mal said. Dizzy's mood went down a bit. " I forgot that you guys don't open till midnight. The place looks good." Mal says looking around. At this point I stopped listening since I wasn't involved. I place Carla, who was still in her carrier fast asleep, on a table and focused on keeping her asleep. I see Dizzy start to do the works on Mal's hair. She cut, curled, straightened, and dyed it. Carla had surprisingly stayed asleep the whole time, it was almost like she knew she had to be on good behavior.

Once Dizzy was done, Mal checked out her new look in the broken mirror. " Hey look at the there you are." I say looking at Mal's hair from a distance.

" Voila!" Dizzy exclaimed.

" Voila" Mal repeated. Mal then reached in her pocket for some money, for Dizzy, as a thank you. Dizzy was so excited and confused at the same time about why she was given money. Honestly it was adorable. She ran over to go put it the cash register but was stopped.

" Fork it over, ya runt." Harry said. Ugh Harry's here. I truly hated him, he kept bothering me about joining Uma's crew. " And the rest of it." Harry said signaling to the cash register. Dizzy placed the money in his hands and walked to the register to grab the rest. I stand up and walk next to Mal.

" Your still running errands for Uma." I started.

" or do you actually get to keep what you steal?" Mal finishes. then turns to us on his heels.

" Well, well, well. What a nice surprise." Harry said, with an amused look on his face.

" Hi, Harry" Mal and I said in a bored tone.

" Just wait until Uma hears you're back. She's never gonna give up you back your old territory." Harry said getting closer and looking us up and down.

" Oh. Well, that's okay. Because I will be taking it." Mal said. Harry chuckles at her statement.

" And wait until she hear you are out and about again. I haven't seen you in almost 3 months. What's been keeping you busy?" Harry said looking at me. Almost as if on cue Carla starts to fuss. I rush over to her carrier to try and calm her down. Thankfully she calmed down quickly. " Ah I see. You had the little De Vil. You know the offer still stands for you to join the crew."

" I don't care Harry. I'm never going to join Uma's crew." I say getting irritated by his presence.

" I could hurt you, both." Running his hand through both mine and Mal's hair. Then we both reacted by grabbing his wrist.

" Not without her permission, I bet." I say. Mal then put her gum on the tip of Harry's hook. He then chuckles and turn to leave. But of course before he left he had to knock all the stuff off the counter and taking a bowed, for a dramatic exit.

" Great more sweeping." Dizzy said. I deep breath to calm my self down.

" Mal I'll stay and help Dizzy clean. You go ahead and get situated at the apartment." I says while starting to help clean up Harry's mess.

" Yeah, of course." I say smiling at her. She gives me and Dizzy a hug before leaving. After that, I help Dizzy clean the whole salon. When we finished, we discussed Carla. She eventually got to hold her for a few minutes before we had to go. I said my goodbye and I was on my way back to the apartment.