Chapter 2: Diagon Alley

When Teddy is 11 his Hogwarts letter
finally arrives. Everybody is extremely happy for him and he went with Harry, Ginny and little baby Lily to Diagon Alley. James and Albus stayed at The Burrow with Molly and Arthur. They took the Muggle bus and underground. After a 45 minute journey, they arrived at the Leaky Cauldron, and they walked through the door towards the back. When Harry tapped the third brick on the left, the wall slowly became an entrance towards Diagon Alley.

There were shops and people everywhere. Teddy totally loved all the shops and Lily started laughing. First they went to Gringotts to get some money. After that they went to Ollivanders. They opened the door and Mr. Ollivander was already behind the counter. "Hello Teddy Lupin" he said "I see you brought Mr. Harry Potter and Mrs. Ginny Weasley with you. I remember that I sold them their first wands, and who is this little girl?" He was looking at Lily. "That's our daughter" said Harry "her name is Lily, we named her after my mother."

As soon as Harry stopped talking
Ollivander dissappeared to the back
of the store. When he came back a
few minutes later, he had 3 wands with him. He gave the first one to Teddy. "Phoenix feather core" Ollivander said "12 1/4 inches and made of Chestnut wood" Teddy took the wand from him and gave it a swing. All the drawers in Ollivander's desk flew open, and all the papers flew around the whole store. "Oh no!" said Ollivander "that's definately not the right wand! Maybe this one is better for you.

Unicorn hair core, 13 3/4 inches and made of Maple wood." Again Teddy took the wand from him and a lot of light immediately filled the store. "Yes" murmured Ollivander "This wand is perfect for you Mr. Lupin". "Why is this one perfect for me sir?" Asked Teddy "Why not that one?" He pointed at the third wand Ollivander got for him. "The wand chooses the wizard Mr. Lupin" Ollivander replied "nobody knows why". Teddy nodded and he paid for his wand. They walked out the door and started looking for Flourish and Blotts or Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occassions.

"Ah" said Ginny "there's Madam Malkin's" They all walked towards the robes shop, and Teddy opened the door. "Hogwarts?" asked a boy with dark blonde hair and brown glasses who stood in a corner of the shop. "Yes" answered Teddy "you too?" "Yes" said the boy "my name is Matthew Taylor, but you can call me Matt." "My name is Teddy" said Teddy "Teddy Lupin." Matt greeted Teddy again and focused on Madam Malkin measuring his arms. When she was done, Matt paid for his robes and he walked out. "Goodbye" he said "see you at Hogwarts." Teddy waved at him and took place in the chair next to Madam Malkin.

"Look you're making friends already" said Harry "he seems like a nice kid." Madam Malkin also asked him which school he was going to, and then started measuring his arms and legs. When she was done Teddy paid for his robes and they walked out of the shop again. They found Flourish and Blotts after a few minutes of searching. They bought the books Teddy needed for school and after that they were done shopping. They went back to the Leaky Cauldron and ordered a drink. Harry ordered a butterbeer for Teddy, because he never tasted one before. They enjoyed their drinks and went back to bus station. Again after 45 minutes they were back at the Burrow.