Chapter 12: A Mysterious Man

Teddy swore he wouldn't let any more attacks happen. Roxy, Matt and Teddy would keep a close eye on Walker the coming weeks. Walker asked Teddy about Harry everyday the last couple of days. Teddy told his friends. He thought it was weird. Why did he want to know about Harry so bad? Teddy wanted to talk to Walker after a lesson. Matt and Roxy would wait in the hallway. Only some man was faster than Teddy and also wanted to talk. Roxy had a questioning look on her face. "Who is that?" She whispered. "No idea." Said Teddy and Matt. "Did you do it?" Asked the mysterious man. Walker nodded: "I did what you asked me to do." "Meet me in the stable behind the Hog's Head, tomorrow 8 PM." Said the man. He talked slowly but it also seemed as he was mad.

Teddy thought that was just the way he talked, but it was still kind of scary. "Who do you think it was?" Asked Matt. Teddy and Roxy shrugged their shoulders, they really had no idea. However there must be a way to find out. "Maybe we could sneak out the school tomorrow and follow Walker." "Sounds like a bad plan," Said Roxy. Teddy looked disappointed. He thought she would like his plan. "So I'm in." Matt had to be pursuaded, but he did came around. "So we're going to sneak out of the school tomorrow to follow Walker to Hogsmeade, where we aren't allowed to be?" Asked Matt. "Yes" said Teddy and Roxy happily. Matt sighed, he was really not looking forward to this. However they did have to do it because otherwise Walker might attack more people.

All 3 of them were scared, but they felt like they didn't really have a choice. They asked Alex to make a scene at 7.15 during dinner so they could sneak out. Alex ordered some fireworks from Zonko's and lit them in the middle of the great hall during dinner. Teddy, Roxy and Matt hurried to the statue of the one-eyed witch, because Harry told Teddy about the entrance to Hogsmeade behind the statue. They made the witch move and ended up in a extremely long passageway. "Quick!" Whispered Teddy "We have to hurry." After half an hour they saw the end of the tunnel. Teddy knew it ended in the Honeydukes basement. They climbed the stairs and pushed the wooden hatch open.

"There's no one here." Whispered Matt. They sneaked through the hole and climbed the stairs into the shop. Luckily there was nobody in there and the door was still open. "Now we have to find that stable behind the Hog's Head!" Said Roxy softly. "What time is it anyway?" "Five to eight." Said Matt "We have to hurry, we can't miss anything." They found it after another 4 minutes. They hadn't seen Walker yet, but he could come any minute now. The man also wasn't there yet so they really had to hurry. Roxy went inside first. "Nobody is in here." She whispered "Come on!" She waved in Teddy and Matt's direction. They followed her and climbed up some stairs inside the stable. Teddy hid himself behind some hay and Roxy and Matt sat down next to him.

"We have a perfect view from here." said Matt. Walker and the man walked in at the same time. They were already in conversation. "So Phil, do you have another request?" Asked Walker. "Not yet," Said the man who apparently was called Phil. "But I hope to have someone for you in 3 months. It's not a kid this time so it may be more difficult." "Who is it?" "I hope I can get you that famous jerk. Oh, and nice job on the Wilson and Reyken boys." Teddy heard Roxy muttering: "How could he, how could he!" Teddy was shocked. Roxy was right, how could they?! Attacking innocent kids and planning an attack on a celebrity! "We'll meet again soon. Expect my owl." Said Phil and he walked away. He turned around right outside the doors and: "Make sure nobody will see you coming out of here and nobody follows you next time."

Walker sighed. "Yes." He muttered irritated. He followed Phil and walked away.
"OH MY" Roxy almost yelled when he was out of their sight. "He really did attack Frank on purpuse. And HE ATTACKED MY LITTLE BROTHER! HOW COULD HE! HOW- how-" She started crying. "What did Benny ever do to him? I kind of trusted him!" Matt and Teddy tried to calm her down. "We have to get back to the castle." said Matt softly. "People will get suspicious. We will figure out what to do when we're back in the common room." Roxy agreed. The Honeydukes door was still open, and they sneaked inside again. They climbed through the hole and into the tunnel. Their walk back to the castle was in complete silence.

Teddy started talking again when they were back in the common room. "What are we going to do?" "We have to figure out who the famous jerk is." Replied Matt. "We can't tell anyone about what we heard." said Roxy "I don't think anyone is going to believe us." "You're right." said Teddy "We have to figure out who it is first and then we can think of something else we can do to help." "However," said Matt "Where do we start?"