Chapter 8: The Halloween Feast

Teddy didn't really know what to do. He couldn't tell anyone professor Walker's secret because he promised him. He had the feeling he had to tell at least Matt and Roxy, but he couldn't tell. Not even them. He decided to let it go and to try not to think about it any more. Halloween came closer and closer. Their last lessons before the feast were Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts. Professor Sturbin wanted them to make a Swelling Solution and professor Walker gave them an assignment about hinkypunks. Teddy went to professor Walker's desk after their lesson. He had thought of a question he really wanted to ask him.

Professor Walker said that if Teddy ever had any questions about werewolves or something to do with werewolves he could ask him. "When is the next full moon?" Asked Teddy. "Well today is Friday, so tomorrow." Answered Walker. "That means you will not be at the Halloween feast?!" "No, Teddy, I won't be there. I'm sorry" he said softly. "Doesn't matter," said Teddy "you'll be at the next feast." Teddy walked out of the classroom to go to the common room. He still wondered where Walker would be during his transformation. Would he stay in the school? Wouldn't that be to dangerous? Would there be something outside the school where he couldn't harm anybody? Teddy had no idea.

Meanwhile he already arrived outside the common room. He tapped the right barrel and got inside. Matt and Roxy were sitting in there favourite spot in the room: the comfortable chairs in front of the fireplace. "Why did you stay behind?" Asked Roxy "Did you really did get extra homrwork this time? "No" said Teddy "I just talked to Walker for a while." He sat down next to them, but didn't feel the need to talk. He just sat there listening to Roxy and Matt discussing their homework and writing down what they said. He was tired. However he couldn't go to sleep because dinner would start in half an hour. They finished their homework and set off for the great hall.

"Do you want to play some gobstones after dinner?" Asked Matt "Or wizard chess?" "No," said Teddy "I'm very tired, I'm going to bed early." Matt looked disappointed. "Okay" he said softly.
Teddy went straight to the dormitory after dinner. Matt and Roxy played some wizard chess in the common room. "What do you think is bothering Teddy so much?" Asked Roxy. "No idea" replied Matt. After 2 games they stopped and also went to bed.

Teddy woke up early the following morning. He had no idea what to do. Sometimes if he really needed his parents, he would write a letter. He wanted to have his father with him so bad. He needed to talk to him about Walker.

He knew his father would have an answer. Teddy grabbed a quill and a piece of parchment and wrote:
"Dear Dad,
Professor Walker is a werewolve and tonight is the full moon. Tonight is also Halloween. I just wonder were he is when he transforms. He can't be in the school, because the great hall is full tonight. I'm just worried, but I know you would've had an answer."
A tear fell on his parchment. Every time he wrote a letter like this, he would put it in a box with the other letters. He was already awake for a while so he got dressed and went to sit down in the commen room to wait for Matt and Roxy.

Teddy, Roxy and Matt walked to the great hall that evening for the Halloween feast. Teddy knew that Walker probably already transformed. He thought that he shouldn't think about it anymore and just enjoy the feast. They sat down at the Hufflepuff table, next to Lauren and Sam. The great hall was beautifully decorated. There were living bats and a lot of pumpkins. All the food was Halloween themed. There was a lot of pumpkin juice and pumpkin pasties. Desert was pumpkin pudding with chocolate spiders on it. Whilst everybody in the great hall was enjoying their pudding the giant doors of the great hall opened.

Everybody looked up. There was a full grown werewolve in the doorway! Everyone in the hall screamed. "QUIET" Screamed professor McGonagoll, Teddy heard the fear in her voice. Professor Sturbin stood up immediately and ran towards Walker. He jumped towards him and turned into a big muscular stallion. He pushed the werewolve backwards outside the doorway and the werewolve was hurt. He cried and ran out onto the castle grounds.