Chapter 7: Professor Walker's Secret

After a few Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons, professor Walker kept Teddy in the classroom after the lesson. "You're father was Remus Lupin right?" He said. "Yes, he is" said Teddy "But I never knew him. He and my mother died when I was 1 month old." "I know" said Walker. "You know?!" said Teddy "How did you know that?" "I was at the battle of Hogwarts" said Walker "fighting just like your parents. However I survived and got wounded. As you know, it didn't end as well for your parents." When he finished, he looked like he was going to cry.

Teddy walked as fast as he could to the common room after their conversation. He found Matt and Roxy sitting in front of the fireplace. "Why did you have to stay?" Asked Roxy "Did you get extra homework or something?" "No" said Teddy "Walker wanted to talk about my parents." "Why?" Asked Matt.
"He said he also fought in the battle of Hogwarts. That he got away with wounds. He looked like he was about to cry afterwards." "That's weird" said Roxy. "There are books about the battle" said Matt "let's go to the library." "We could go after dinner" said Teddy.

They went to the great hall and had dinner. Teddy stood up after dinner to go the library. Roxy and Matt followed him. They arrived at the library and started to look for books about the battle. After half an hour of searching, they asked madam Pince. She brought them 2 books. Matt searched one and Roxy and Teddy searched the other. "I GOT IT!" yelled Matt "It's a list of all the people who fought on our side. There's also a list of people who died, but injuries aren't there." Roxy and Matt didn't want to search after they found this so they went back to the common room. Teddy kept looking.

After another hour of looking Teddy found something in another book. It was a book with a lot of lists of injuries and deaths from different battles. He found Walker's name in a list of victims in the battle of Hogwarts. His name was right under his mother's name.

Nymphadora Tonks - had been hit by a killing curse
Richard Walker - bitten by Fenrir Greyback

What? Was Walker bitten by Fenrir Greyback? Who was this man? Teddy had no idea. However being bitten by a man couldn't be that bad? It was already 8.30 PM so Teddy went back to the common room.

He took the book with him to search for Fenrir Greyback. He just had to know who this was. He went to bed that evening with Fenrir Greyback in his mind. Teddy searched and searched the next week, but still found nothing about Fenrir Greyback. He didn't want to ask madam Pince because he thought what he might find would be very private. He had an idea. He could just ask Walker! After their next Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson he went to professor Walkers desk. "Professor?" He started "Who is Fenrir Greyback?" Walker looked frightened and astonished. "Where did you find his name?" He asked nervously.

"In a library book" said Teddy "With lists of injuries and deaths from different battles. Also from the battle of Hogwarts. Where I also found your name. It said you were bitten by Fenrir Greyback." "Does anyone else know about this?" He said, still with a very frightened look. "No" answered Teddy "I was alone when I found it." "I'll tell you, but please don't tell anyone else. Professor McGonagoll knows, but nobody else does. I trust you, you look like your father and you behave like you mother. I knew them well." "Please tell me" said Teddy, he really wanted to know "I promise l won't tell anybody else." "Okay, here we go," said Walker "Fenrir Greyback was known for being on Voldemort's side.

Voldemort threatened parents that he would bite their children. He was a werewolve Teddy." Teddy looked very astonished. "A werewolve?" Said Teddy anxiously "That would mean - " "Yes Teddy, I'm a werewolve too. I was fighting for our side during the battle. He attacked and bit me. Someone cursed him because he ran away almost immediately. He still bit me, I would still become a werewolve. I trust you with this Teddy. Your father was a werewolve too, you know werewolves aren't all bad." "I know," said Teddy softly "I am just a bit shocked." Teddy went straight back to the common room. He had to think.