2. Bella's first day

Now I must admit that the truck isn't as perfect as it could have been, but it was a ride. Bella seemed more than happy to ride in it so that means that I was happy as well. Can't complain about a gift I helped pick. Though this couch seriously needs some new fillings. Shit my ass is hurting.

Bella parks the truck and we both get out.
"Hey, I'll walk with you to the office."
"Thanks, appreciate it."
I nod and walk off into the direction of the school. Thankfully for him, I missed some guy making a remark about the truck. Bella soon joins my side and we're not even 5 steps in when Eric walks up to us. "You're the new girl, right?"
I roll my eyes at him and watch Bella become awkward and shy. She doesn't want him here, clearly. "Hey Eric, back off. Can't you see how uncomfortable you're making her?"
"Ah, I'm sorry. I'll just make this one headline and that'll be all."
"Please don't..."
"Eric... find something else to write about."
He raises his hands in surrender and takes a step back. "Okay. No article. I take it that you're going to be her guide to the office."
I simply nod my head before taking Bella's wrist and pulling her down the hallway.

"I'm sorry about that. He is a nice guy but you have to be really direct with him about what you don't want him to do. Otherwise he'll keep pushing."
"That's okay. Thanks. I mean it." I only briefly smile at her as we enter the office and I stand back while she gets her schedule and other things she'll need. She stands beside me when she's done and shows me her locker number. I don't even think twice before walking away and towards her locker. She follows silently.

"Hey Bella... I must give you a small heads-up. Me and my friend aren't exactly considered normal. We're kind of the attention whores during lunch. Let's just say we have a reputation."
"What do you guys do?" She opens her locker and puts her jacket away.
"We sometimes put up a show. Dance on tables... hack the speaker system... That kind of stuff." "And you're not afraid of getting judged?"
"Nah..." I lean against the other lockers and watch her. "...The opinions of others don't really matter to me. Or my friends. We're just having a good time and nobody seems angry with us so we just keep on doing it."
"I see."
"Just thought I'd give you a warning beforehand. Don't want you to have a heart attack during lunch."
She closes her locker and smiles at me. "I don't scare that easily."
"Is that a challenge, miss Swan?"
"It might be, miss Swan." We laugh softly as I guide her to her first class.

~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, lunch comes around and that means that I can see my crazy ass friends. I don't have a single period before lunch with them so every morning officially sucks. I quickly buy an apple and a bottle of water before sitting down on top of the table beside a certain blond.
"Maya~ How have you been?"
She grins at me and takes a big swing from her water before putting it back down.
"Oh, I don't know. Somebody ditched me all weekend." A chuckle comes from behind her and we both turn to look at Daniel. Maya's boyfriend, who is just as crazy as she is.
"Well I'm sorry that my family claimed me."
"Yeah well, you better make up for it coming weekend!"
"I will, I will. Calm down, woman."

My feet are still resting on the bench so I'm looking at everybody else in the cafeteria and I can't help the small smile when the Cullens enter the huge room. Rosalia is looking as stunning as always and Emmet still looks like a huge teddy beer. Jasper looks like he's in pain as always, while Alice is talking to him. No smile on her face today? That's weird. And last but not least there is Edward. I really don't understand what everybody sees in him... Must be my weird taste.

"Ooooh, they're here!"
"We can see that Daniel. Now what is Edward smirking at? Is he staring at Bella?"
Daniel sits down beside his girlfriend and has a wicked grin on his face.
"So, Mag... remember that challenge you lost last week?"
Fuck... this is not going to turn out well. "Yeah... I remember."
"I want you to sing and dance with a Cullen of your choosing."
"What? You want me to perform in the middle of the cafeteria? Again?"
"Yes." He deadpanned. Meanwhile Maya is just laughing softly at the mental image.
"Ah, fuck me..."
"Can't do that. I have Maya."
I shoot him a look and get off the bench. "Well do your magic then. Put on a damn song for me to use."
He nods and grabs his laptop. Did I mention that this boy is an IT expert? He just hacks into everything and I honestly fear for my accounts if I ever cross him. The speakers in the cafeteria give static for a second before a familiar song starts playing.
Seriously... fuck me.