3. Killer van

Bella has been grumpy for the whole first week of school. When I would ask her what was wrong she would just complain about the weather and sometimes I could catch something about a certain Cullen skipping school. I decided to question her more about it and it kind of went like this:

"Why are you moping about a boy you only met once?"
She sighs loudly and closes her biology book, leaning back in her chair. "I don't know what you're talking about."
I roll my eyes at her and sit down on her bed. "Bullshit. You've been mumbling his name all week."
Seems like I won as she rubs her temple with her fingers. Another sigh leaves her.
"Okay... Yeah, I just can't help but think that he has been skipping school because of me. I heard that his behavior wasn't usually like that and he hasn't returned since... But how can I possibly drive someone away within one biology class?"
I got up and pulled her into a one-armed hug. "Listen Bella. You smell fine. You are nice. You are smart... A bit clumsy and self-destructive but you have a fine brain in your head. There is no way that you drove him away."
She gave me a grateful smile and that is where our conversation turned back to schoolwork. You know, the boring stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bella was officially the best sister I could have wished for, ever. It was Saturday and I wanted to meet with an old friend at the Rez. She said she'll bring me and chill out at Jake's. Seems like he invited her over for a movie or something? I don't even know and I tried not to care. She dropped me off at the beach and told me to call her if anything happened and I promised her I would. She drove off afterwards.

As I approached the water, I pulled my hair from the clip it was in, letting the wind do whatever it pleased. I was alone and I loved it. The cold air made me feel like I was floating and the sound of waves helped me relax. Though my peace didn't last long.

"Maggie!"
I turn around and am met by two strong arms wrapping my waist, lifting me off the ground and swirling me around. I cling to the boy as I yelp softly. After some seconds of air time he puts me down with a huge grin on his face.
"Hey Paul, it's been a while."
"Sure has."
I lift my hand and move it through his long hair with a soft smile on my lips.
"Boy, you've gotten buff. What happened? Steroids? Think more muscles attract more woman?"
He laughs and pulls my hand away from his head. "All natural, baby."
"Eew, don't call me that again, like, ever."
Again, he laughs and gently pulls me to the rocks that are resting at the edge of where the waves can reach. He climbs on top before helping me on top of the slippery surface.

We both sit down and I can't help the small shiver from running down my spine.
"Don't tell me you're cold. Come here." He wraps his big arms around me and pulls me in between his legs. Damn, he's nice and warm.
"You're so fucking ho... nope... warm. You're warm."
"I know I'm hot. Just admit it baby."
I make a gagging sound and he bursts out laughing. "Jesus Paul, you've gotten worse. What happened? Did a girl compliment you or something?"
"You did. Plenty of times actually." I roll my eyes and lean back against his chest.
"Just shut up and be my personal heater for a bit."
"As you wish." We sit there for a couple of minutes in complete silence.

Though the silence dies after a little while as Paul opens his mouth. "Hey, Mag. I actually got myself a girlfriend."
"You did what now?" I throw my head back to look up at him with wide eyes.
"Yeah... The thing is that she is 19..."
"Dude, that's 4 years. That's a lot at our age."
"I know, but it just... feels right, you know?"
I relax against him once more. "Yeah, I guess. Hey, as long as you're happy I'll defend your aggressive ass to whoever has a judgement ready."
"Thanks Mag. That means a lot to me, knowing that you're supporting me."
"Of course, man. What are friends for?"