Chapter 1

Emmalin P.O.V

"It's about time they get here." Sofie grumbles from next to me. I turn to where she's looking, and see our brothers. Just as I'm about to approach them, the dean announces that we all take our seats.

"At least they made it." I shrug. "Okay, I need to go, I love you." I say, hugging my little sister, and leaving to take my seat on stage.

"I would now like to call our valedictorian, Emmalin Folliero." The dean says, and I stand.

I end my speech, and everyone claps. When my name is called, I collect my scroll, and wave to my brothers. I pause for a second when I spot someone sitting with them. Damn, he's hot. What? Did I just think that? Who is this guy, and why is he sitting with my brothers? His eyes were a piercing grey, and it was almost as if he was staring into my soul. He had jet black hair, and was really tall. I had grown quite a bit in the past few years, and I now stood at 5'8. Okay, so maybe it isn't that much, but it's a lot for me.

Once we had all been dismissed, I ran straight for my brothers, while trying my best not to trip over my gown.

"My baby girl is all grown up now!" Dante says, pulling me into a bear hug. Yes, they still call me that.

"Dante, I'm twenty-four, not really a baby anymore." Luca feigns shock, and gasps dramatically.

"What are you talking about? You will forever be our little bambina. Don't you forget it." (baby) He kisses my forehead, and I hug all of my brothers. When I get to Antonio, he kisses my temple.

"I'm really proud of you, Tesoro." (sweetheart) I hug him tighter, and kiss his cheek. I turn around, and look at the handsome stranger, who is already looking at me. I tilt my head, trying to see if I recognise him.

"Nicholas Donatello. It's nice to finally meet you, Emmalin." He holds out his hand to shake, and I accept it. As soon as my hand is in his -which fits perfectly, might I add- I feel tingles go up my arm.

"It's nice to meet you, too." I smile.

"Emmy! Take off the gown, so we can see your dress." I do as she says, and take off my gown.

"You really out did yourself this time, Sof." I praise. It turns out, that my little Sofie, is amazing at fashion designing. She's also a professional dancer outside of school, and designs all her costumes by herself.

"Why thank you." She does a little curtsey, and I laugh. Sofie, apart from being my sister, is also my best friend.

"Come on, let's go, we have a reservation." Antonio announces. He leads us out, and I get in the Nick's car with Sofie, Nicholas, and Dante.

"Hey, Em, didn't you send an email to Nick when you were fifteen or something?" I blush and look down.

"Oh yeah. It took me a while to look up all those fancy words." Nick smiles, as if remembering the email.

"Damn, she spent a week learning the art of emails after that. She also..."

"Drop it, Dante. I can still put you on your butt." I cut him off. Nick bursts out laughing, then stops when he notices Dante is silent.

"Woah, she's serious?"

"Yup, she could beat any of them... Well, except for Antonio. She's been teaching me, too, so I know she's capable." Sofie chimes in.

"That's pretty cool." Nick smiles at me through the rear-view mirror, and I smile back. Sofie must notice, because the look she's giving me says that we're going to be talking later. For a fourteen-year-old, she acts more like she's seventeen, which, in mental age, she probably is.

We walk into the restaurant, and have a wonderful meal... Well until I see her.

Nicholas P.O.V

When my meeting was cut short, because one of the Folliero sisters sent Gio death threats for being late, Antonio insisted I tag along. I remember meeting the younger one, Sofia, when she was still about five years old. The older one, Emmalin, was unconscious after taking a bullet for the Russian mafia leader, when I saw her. I believe she was fifteen at the time.

"Hey, Nick!" Sofie chirps when she sees me.

"Wait, how did you... Ah, I forgot about your photographic memory." I say with a chuckle. Both the sisters have photographic memories, as rare as that is. We take our seats, and I look at all the graduates. I wonder which one she is. When the dean announces the valedictorian, I see the most beautiful girl walk to the podium. She had the same teal eyes as her brothers, and the most beautiful hair, so Brown it was nearly black. Her hair was almost at her waist, and her smile could light up an entire room. She's gorgeous.

"I see you." Sofie whispers.

"What? I have no idea what you're talking about." I defend.

"Sure you don't. Relax, buddy, your secret is safe with me." She taps my shoulder twice, before focusing on her sister again. I need to watch out for this kid. She's smart.

The ride to restaurant was nice, and I managed to get a smile from her.

After our meal, Emmalin went to the restroom, while we finished up. I excuse myself to go to the restroom as well, and find Emma speaking to another girl. I figured they were friends, until I saw Emma's expression. They definitely were not friends.

"Well, if it isn't Emmalin Folliero." She girl sneers.

"Nice to see you, too, Lauren." Emmalin replies, looking for an exit.

"Still single, I see. What? Your big brothers won't let you date? I bet you're still a virgin." The girl lets out a laugh that sounds like nails scraping a chalkboard.

I walk over to them and snake my hand around Emma's waist. When she sees me, she relaxes into my side. I can't stop thinking about how perfectly she fits into me.

"Lauren, this is Nicholas. Nick, this is Lauren." She says sweetly. The other girl stands straighter, so her chest sticks out.

"It's nice to meet you. You must be one of Emmalin's cousins." She twirls a stand of her dyed hair with her finger.

"No. Emmalin and I are dating." I say, making her smile drop, and turn into a scowl.

"I see. Well, if, I mean when, you get tired of her, give me a call." With that, she walks away.

"Thanks for that." Emmalin sighs, and I smile at her.

"No worries. Who was she, anyway?"

"I went to college with her. Hopefully, I don't have to see her again." I chuckle, and we head back to our table.

"What's wrong?" Dante asks, seeing Emma's expression.

"I just had an encounter with the oh-so-lovely Lauren."

"The one with the fake boobs?" Sofie asks, and I burst out laughing.

"I like you, kid." I say, but Antonio gives her warning look.

"Yes, that's the one." Emma says, as we walk out of restaurant. How could anyone get bored of her? She's beautiful.

"Well, I should get back to work. I'll see you all soon." I say, as I get into my car.

"Bye Nick!" Sofie says, waving.

"Bye, Nick." Emma gives me one of her smiles, that makes me smile back. I really need to snap out of it.