Chapter 20

Emmalin P.O.V

"Could you hold her for a second? It's great she isn't jumping on my bladder anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't need to use the bathroom." Nick chuckles, and holds out his arms.

"Come here, neonata." He says, cradling Arabella in his arms, and whispering sweet nothings to her. "Are we going to call her Ara or Bella for short?" He asks.

"Bella. She is beautiful." I say, walking out of the bathroom.

"Yes she is." He says, placing a kiss on her tiny hand that is griping his finger. We leave the hospital, and head home.

Epilogue:

Nicholas P.O.V

One and a half years later...

"She's growing up so fast." Emmalin sobs into my chest, while I hold her tight.

"She'll always be our little girl." I assure her, placing a gentle kiss on her head. Just then, our little Bella walks into the room with cake all over her face.

"Mommy crying?" She asks, hugging Emma's feet. She gently picks her up, and places a kiss on her cheek.

"Mommy's not crying, honey. Mommy's just happy, okay?"

"Daddy also happy?" Bella questions. I chuckle and nod.

"Yes sweetheart, daddy's also happy." I say, ruffling her hair.

"Bella also happy." She says, clapping her hands. She never says 'I' when referring to herself, he always says 'Bella' or 'Arabella.'

"Um, angel, why are you emotional about her growing up? It's the twins' birthday, not hers." I ask Emma. I watch as she takes a deep breath, and turns to Arabella.

"Hey, pumpkin?" Bella looks up. "You're happy, right?" She nods her head. "Well, you're going to be a big sister."

"Yes you are, and you'll be the best big sister in the..." I trail off, thinking about what she just said. Big sister...

"Big sister?!" My eyes snap up to Emmalin's, to see her holding in her tears. I take a deep breath, and carry Bella to the living room. I dump her in Sofie's lap, and she snuggles into her favourite Folliero.

"She's yours for the day, so don't let her have more than two scoops of ice-cream. Oh, and Sofie? No letting her use your make-up. Emmalin and I are going out." With that, I walk back into the kitchen, and carry my wife to my car.

"Nick, please say something." She whispers, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Sweetheart, don't cry." I say, wiping her tears.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Are you not happy?" I shake my head frantically, and kiss her.

"I'm quite literally the happiest man on earth!" I exclaim, and she lets out a laugh through all the tears.

"Well that's a relief." She says. "Um, where are we going?"

"To McDonalds." I reply. I remember her craving from last time. "I don't want my son to be hungry."

"Son?"

"I don't know how I know, but I have a feeling this is going to be a boy."

And boy, was I right. Nine months later, Emmalin gave birth to our son, Alessandro Folliero Donatello.

I now have a wonderful family, who I love with all my life, and I honestly wouldn't change anything that has happened, if it meant getting to where I am now.

The end!