Chapter 8

Emmalin P.O.V

My jaw drops. I could've sworn I heard the pilot say Paris, France. I take a deep breath and speak very calmly.

"Nick?"

"Hmm?"

"Where are we going?" He gives me an amused smile.

"Did you not hear the pilot? We're going to Paris." I stare at him for a full minute, before resting my face on his chest.

"I'll wake up soon enough." I mumble, still in a daze.

"Sweetheart, this isn't a dream."

"Wait, so let me get this straight. You and I, are going to Paris? For five whole days?" He chuckles and nods. I squeal and bounce up and down. "Oh my gosh! I need my sketch book!"

"In your backpack, sweetheart." I pick up the backpack that Sofie packed, and sure enough, there's my sketchbook and graphite pencils.

"You are amazing. I love you." I give him a long kiss and he groans.

"We have around seven hours on board. Do you want to sleep?" I shake my head, because there is no way I can sleep after that. An elderly woman asks us if we would like anything to drink. Nick has a champagne, while I order the usual apple juice.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at our destination, Paris, France. Enjoy your stay, and have a wonderful trip." I was up and out of my seat as soon as the captain announced our landing.

Of course, there's a limo waiting for us as soon as the get off the plane. I take a deep breath and inhale the scent of Paris. "Can't you just smell the love here?" I ask, getting into the limo.

"Hmm, the only love I ever seem to notice is yours." He winks at me, and I bush.

"You are smooth, Mr Donatello." I say with a giggle.

"Only for you, love." Damn, he is good.

A couple of minutes later, we arrive at a beautiful hotel.

"Lovely, isn't it?" I nod my head absently, while looking around the gorgeous lobby. "I had this built a couple of years ago." My head whips around, and I gape at him.

"This place is yours?" He smiles and nods.

"My father had the plans ready, but he passed away before he got to start the work, so I continued it as soon as I found the plans." I stare at him with pure adoration in my eyes. Nick lost his parents when he was only eighteen, and immediately took over his father's position.

"Come on, let's go to our room, the view is amazing." Nick links his hand with mine, and takes up to the penthouse suite. The living room area is a white and grey theme, and one side is completely filled with a large window. My breath hitches as I stare out at the breath-taking sight of Paris. The Eiffel Tower is all lit up, and even better than the pictures I've seen.

I feel Nick's arms wrap around my waist from behind, and I smile. "Beautiful." He murmurs. I notice he isn't talking about the view, but about me. I blush, and he chuckles, nuzzling his head into my neck. He does that a lot. Looking at the clock, I see it's already eleven o'clock. Oh, how I hate jetlag. It's only five in New York.

"Why don't you go change, and we'll go out to dinner. I know a great restaurant." I nod y head quickly, and go to the bag that Sofie packed for me. I gasp once I open it. The most beautiful silver dress (dress at the t is right at the top with a note. Carefully opening it, I see Sofie's handwriting.

Wear this tonight. I made it especially.

Happy birthday, I love you!

Xoxo Sofie.