Chapter 17

Emmalin P.O.V

I open my eyes, and then snuggle closer to Nick. Looking over to the alarm clock, I see that it's already ten am. I shoot upright, causing Nick to do the same.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? What hurts? Are you in labour?" I roll my eyes.

"I'm not in labour, but I am late. We have to be there in two hours, and I'm not ready!" I exclaim, going through my suitcase to find the dress.

It's a black lace skater dress, and is extremely comfortable. I have to wear an overcoat with it, because Nick says I don't have a choice.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will begin todays event with Chase McDonald. Let's give him a round of applause." The MC says, exiting the stage.

Chase confidently strides on stage, and taps the mic. We were told to do this when the music should start playing.

He sings really well, and his voice control is impeccable. The song he sings is 'stressed out' by twenty-one pilots. He's really good, and I know the judges are impressed. I don't stand a chance. I think to myself.

"An amazing performance by Chase McDonald!" Everyone claps, and I do the same. "Right, next up we have Emmalin Folliero!" The crowd cheers again. I walk on stage, and don't tap the mic until I spot Nick. One last reassuring smile from him, and I lift my hand, tapping the mic softly. The music starts, and everyone is silent. There I a single spotlight on me, and I feel like I own the world.

When I sing, I forget everyone around me. My eyes remain closed, as I sing as loud as possible. My baby is kicking like crazy, and I think she might be a little singer herself. I'm singing 'head above water' by Avril Lavigne.

God, keep my head above water
Don't let me drown, it gets harder
I'll meet you there at the altar
As I fall down to my knees
Don't let me drown, drown, drown
Don't let me, don't let me, don't let me drown

I can feel the power radiating through my words. When the song is finally over, I my eyes, and the stage lights come on. The crowd goes crazy, and everyone stands. I gasp. I got a standing ovation at the SASC. The pride I see in Nick's eyes makes my heart flutter.

I exit the stage, and find my husband.

"Sweetheart that was incredible. He gives my lips a quick peck, and I move to hug Antonio.

"Well done, sorella." (sister) He says, kissing my temple.

"Thanks Antonio." I say, smiling. I place my hand on my stomach where once again my baby is moving around.

"Nicholas, we need to get moving now." Antonio says, as Nick pays for my packet of jelly tots. I've been obsessed with these things since we got here.

Nick gives me a guilty look, but I shake my head. "Go. I'll be fine." I assure him. for some reason, I have a bad feeling about this.

"And the winner is..." All three of us look up to the stage. The man takes out an envelope, and opens it with a grin. "Emmalin Folliero!" Nick pull me into his chest immediately, and I begin to sob. I finally achieved my dream.

"I-I W-Won." I sob, and feel his smile against my neck.

"Yes you did, angel. Yes you did." With tears still in my eyes, I make y way on stage t shake hands with the judges.

"Do you know if you're having a girl or boy?" The female judge asks.

"A girl." I reply with a smile. She squeals like a schoolgirl, and my smile grows wider.

"Ms Folliero, you have just won one million rand. What was the first thing that came to mind after hearing that?" The MC asks.

"I've finally achieved my dream." I answer, smiling at Nick.

After going through all the procedures, Nick drops me back at the hotel.

"Please be safe." I whisper into Nick's ear.

"I will, angel. Just get some rest okay? We'll go out for dinner later." I nod my head and give him a long kiss. I can't get rid of the anxious feeling in my gut.

Nicholas P.O.V

I give my men the signal to head in, and they take out around twenty men at the entrance. Antonio and I make our way to the inner office, and our men cover us.

"He's in there." Antonio says and I nod my head. we need to get this guy out.

I nod my head to signal that we should go.

I barge in the office with my gun raised, but he knew we were coming. I feel a sting near my chest, and see a dart. A freaking dart. He must have added something into the tip, because I drop the gun. Antonio doesn't think twice before ending the bastard's life with a bullet between his eyes. Antonio rushes towards me, and removes the dart from my skin. I can't seem to move. I feel dizzy, and try my hardest to fight the darkness, but it consumes me none the less.

I love you, Emmalin.