Chapter 3: The Concert

Poppy's POV

Barb seemed a bit sad about something, I wasn't sure what, but I still suspected something was up. I saw her expression as I left on the bus to the concert, I just hoped it would be okay for her.

The bus there was actually quite comfy, despite being a rock bus. It had nice leather seats, cup holders, and a good view of the city.

We landed outside the stadium, where there were stands for all kinds of rock stuff.

"Jackets!" one stand yelled.

"Fingerless gloves!" another yelled.

"Custom guitars!" A third called out.

I went over to the guitar stand, intrigued by that offer.

"How much for one?" I asked, curious.

"About five bucks," he said, "pick your poison,"

I went for the one with the mountain design ingrained into it. I thanked the guy there and headed into the stadium.

It took a while to get in there, but I eventually made it to where the VIP members were at. When I got up there I saw that Sid Fret, King Thrash, and Carol were all there; Riff was probably drumming for Barb today.

"Hey guys," I said when got up there.

"Sup," Sid Fret replied.

"Hello," King Thrash said, softly.

"Yo," Carol said, squeezing cheese into her mouth.

"How are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Fine," most of them replied.

"Alright, good to see you guys. How's it been here?"

"Oh, the usual stuff," Thrash said, "rocking hard, moshing, punk stuff."

"Ssh," Carol said, "It's starting!"

I turned around to see Barb rising up through a cloud of smoke, red lights shining around her.

"Good evening, Volcano Rock City!" she yelled to the crowd!

They cheered wildly in response. It was pretty crazy already, so I was both excited and terrified about what came next.

"Who's ready to rock?!" she said as she brought out her guitar.

I was so excited that I could hardly hold my breath for it.

"Before I begin, I would like to bring a certain friend onstage to jam tonight. My best friend in all Trolldom...Queen Poppy of Pop Village."

I was shocked. She wants me to jam with her? I thought, well, guess it's a good thing I bought the guitar.

I went on upstage where Barb helped me get set up.

"You know how to rock?" she asked, stoked.

"Yeah, I've had a few lessons," I said nervously.

"Hey, don't worry, that's the joy about rock, making mistakes is part of it," she said, "besides, it's easy to get the hang of on the fly."

"Alright, let's rock," I said, readying my guitar.

We started playing the guitar, and for a moment it was tricky, but I quickly got the hang of it.

"Come on feel the noise! Trolls rock your voice! We'll get wild, wild wild! Wild, wild wild!"

Barb started playing and I followed along, with riff on the drums.

"So you think I got a crazy mind, I tell you honey...that I don't know why! I don't know why!"

"So you think my singing's out of time, it makes me money...and I don't know why! I don't know why! Anymore, Oh, no!"

With that note she leaped into the air, bringing up a spray of columns of fire from behind.

"Come on feel the noise! Trolls rock your voice! We'll get wild, wild, wild! Wild wild wild!"

"Come on feel the noise! Trolls rock your voice! We'll get wild, wild wild! Until dawn!"

It was amazing, everyone was enjoying it. I was absolutely in the moment then, and as I rocked out with Barb, it was a good one.

Then she let me take a verse, and when I did, it didn't feel awkward at all, it felt like a part of me.

"So you think I got a funny face, I got no worries...and I don't know why! I don't know why!"

"Oh, I gotta sing with some disgrace, I'm in no hurry...and I don't know why! I don't know why! Anymore! No no no!"

Then as she got back to it, we started singing like one hard-rocking Troll.

"Come on feel the noise! Trolls rock your voice! We'll get wild, wild, wild! Wild, wild, wild!"

"Come on feel the noise! Trolls rock your voice! We'll get wild, wild, wild! Until dawn!"

The whole time it was incredible, I felt like my heart was beating to the sound of the rhythm, that I was losing myself in the music.

Then, when we hit the final "wild", it set both the crowd and the stage ablaze. I looked up, astounded by what just happened. I had gone from Pop to Rock in a single moment, and it was awesome!