1

Your POV :-

Going through the patient's reports, I sighed, adjusting my specs and then looked up at him.

"So you hurt yourself a week ago and now it started paining again?"

I asked in a monotonous voice and he simply nodded.

His hooded eyes were narrating different stories as his gaze was deep that I felt he could dig holes in my body. I was a doctor by profession, and never in my five years of working career, did I meet a patient so strange.

"Why didn't you go back to the same doctor who treated your wound earlier?"

I asked again. This strange man appeared so suspicious to me.

"He is currently out of town"

his reply was curt and short.

As I was opening his bandaged hand, I felt his gaze stuck on me. Looking up I saw his big doe eyes, drowning in mine own as I shifted a little, tearing apart from any type of eye lock, and resumed my job.

He was handsome, no doubt. But more than that, he was intimidating. He gave me vibes which weren't exactly scary but weren't very safe too.

"How did you get this deep wound?"

I gasped a little as he had a deep cut on his palm.

"Accidents happen!"

His robotic voice rang in my ears and I again looked up only to find him staring at me, continuously.

"It's done!"

I murmured in a low voice and he stretched his fingers but not a single sound came out from his lips.

Didn't he feel any pain?

"Thank You miss......?"

He stopped midway and again looked at me, averting his gaze from his injured hand.

"....y/n"

I flashed a quick and small smile at him, before sitting back on my seat to make his new reports.

"Take care of the wound. It is still deep. Also i am prescribing a few medicines for pain relief and avoid using water on it."

I rummaged through some papers, and he listened to me calmly. I hope he did.

"What's your name?"

I asked halting from writing and looked up only to see him sitting with a small smile on his face. It wasn't a smile. He was smirking. Why was he smirking, all of a sudden, at me?

"You won't like knowing my name."

He flicked his tongue and I quivered my brows.

"But it's necessary to know the patient's name."

My words were everywhere and so were my thoughts.

"V..."

He murmured in a deep voice and I could feel an unknown shiver run down my veins, because of the way he pronounced his name.

V? What type of a name is V? Who keeps such names?

"Oka-"

my words died down in my throat as a loud sound echoed in the corridors of the hospital, which I could hear even from my cabin. Standing up slowly from my armchair, I looked through the closed door, as if I can see through it.

"That's a gunshot!"

He said ever so calmly, sitting on the chair, not even slightly bothered by the happenings around.

"Whatttt..?"

I panicked loudly, my eyes widening as I took quick steps outside and ran towards a particular room which I found crowded by people.

"What-What happened?"

I shivered a little, as I saw a patient lying dead in the cot.

"He was admitted here yesterday only."

One of the nurses said with worried eyes.

"Who di-did this?"

I gulped a lump down in my throat and the staff present shrugged their shoulders, clueless.

"A guy ran inside, breaching the security and just shot him dead. He was wearing mask and carrying weapons so we didn't chase him."

A wardboy, who was an eyewitness to that heinous act, said.

"Are you all fine?"

I asked and the staff nodded. Walking outside, I looked here and there. My breaths were fastened and my heart beat raised.

Who barged in here to kill the patient? Why only him and no one else? What the hell is happening?

My thoughts were interrupted as I looked at him, my patient, V,  standing outside my cabin. He looked at me from far and then smirked a little. Waving at me, he turned back and started walking, while I stood there, watching his retreating figure, contemplating all the scenarios.

What just happened?

____________________________________