9

Author's POV :-

As the shimmering lights of dawn entered the room, spreading its warmth all over the bed, you crooked your brows, letting out a sigh and then turned to the other side to deck the sunlight.

Wrapped in the silk bed sheet, you stretched your arm, your eyes still closed, and roamed it all over the other side. Finding it empty, you creased your forehead, before opening your eyes, only to find yourself alone in the bed.

"Where did Taehyung go?" You thought but later shrugged it away. Wincing to yourself a little, you got up and walked towards the bathroom and once your eyes landed on your reflection, a small shy smile with an evident blush on your cheeks, adorned you.

You could still feel his touch all over you. It felt like his aroma had completely mixed with your perfume and now you were smelling like him. "Damn you Kim Taehyung" you smiled cheekily, hiding your face into your palms.

-------------------------------------------------

Coming out of the bathroom, you were now drying your wet hairs and humming to yourself, until you felt an urgent and quick knock on the bedroom's door. Opening the door, you saw Seokjin standing there.

"Good morning oppa" you smiled at him but didn't get it in return. "y/n come with me" he held your wrist and pulled you with him. "But where? Oppa?" You widen your eyes as he took quick steps with you, towards the exit.

"Don't question me, just come with me" Seokjin said but you halted in your place, making him stop too. "But oppa at least let me comb my hairs" you blinked your eyes, not understanding his sudden change in demeanor. The place felt unusually quiet. Neither you saw Taehyung in the morning and nor Jimin or Jungkook now.

Where were they?

"We don't have time for it. Just come with me please" he looked at you with a pleading gaze and now you felt an unknown fear take over your senses. "Oopa what happened? Tell me honestly what happened? Where is Taehyung?" Seokjin widened his eyes a little as you took his name.

"You know his name?" "That's not important. First tell me where is he? Is he f-fine?" your voice quivered as you held Seokjin's arms. "Just come with me y/n….." he gulped before looking up at your teary eyes. "...please" he added a little later and you reluctantly complied to him.

"Wear this first" he said, forwarding you a blindfold as soon as you both sat down in the car. You looked at him with confusion. "Trust me" he said and you took the blindfold with shaky hands, before tying it around your eyes. "Just tell me everything is fine oppa" you gasped out as he started the engine, but got no reply in return.

How will he give you any hope, when he himself doesn't know if everything is gonna be fine or not?

After what seemed like a few hours, which you felt like a few decades because of the nervousness which you were feeling, the car stopped and he told you to take your blindfold off.

Pulling down the cloth, you squint your eyes, adjusting to the light, and roam your gaze around, to find yourself in a very familiar place.

You were in Seoul. In front of your apartment.

You instantly looked at Seokjin who was looking straight at the road. "O-Oppa, why did you bring me he-here?" You gulped, as suddenly your throat felt dry. "Go back y/n" he mumbled out and you felt as if something inside you broke into a million pieces.

"What do you mean by go back? I won't go anywhere. Take me back to Taehyung" you freaked a little. It's ironic, how desperately you wanted to get back home once but now, the situation was completely different.

"Listen to me y/n and pl-" Seokjin looked at you, trying to persuade you but you snapped in between. "No I won't understand anything. I won't. Take me back oppa. Does he know that you brought me here? Or was it him who told you to bring me here?" You raised your brows, your cheeks draining with your own tears.

"He told me" you snickered listening to him. "What does he think of himself? Am I his play doll? When he wanted, he forcefully kept me with him and now when I willingly want to stay with him, he is kicking me away." You whimpered out, wiping your cheeks frantically.

"I am not going anywhere oppa. Just take me back to him. Does he not love me? Was he lying to me about this too? Just the way he lied to me about everything?" You couldn't help yourself and broke down as the sound of your feeble sobs filled the car.

"He really loves you y/n. Never doubt that" Seokjin finally spoke, caressing your head, which was now hid into your palms as you sobbed. "Then whyyyy" you whined, looking up at him. Your cheeks were wet and draining, while your nose became red by now.

"Why is he pushing me away? Why can't he keep me and do everything that he is doing?" "Because you are his priority. It was foolish of him to drag you into this and now that he realised that he is risking your life in this too, he is letting you go" he mouthed, biting down on his lower lip.

You wiped away your face and sighed loudly, leaning back on the seat. "Wait for my brother y/n. He will come back and get you" Seokjin said again. "Just trust him" he whispered and caressed your hand. "Please…." You gasped out, opening your eyes to look at him.

"Please tell him that I will be waiting for him" your eyes glistened with fresh tears again and Seokjin nodded, later watching you step out of the car slowly. "Stay safe oppa" you tried hard not to burst into tears in front of him and he nodded again.

Unable to control yourself anymore, you sloped down, falling on your knees. The stares of the passerby didn't affect you as all your brain and heart could think about was him. "Please come back Tae…." 

----------------------------------------------------

It was three days already, after Seokjin left you at your apartment. You had not joined your work yet, because you would hardly get out of your apartment. There wasn't a single moment which passed when you didn't think about him.

It was just another day when you finally decided to leave the apartment and go to the market for grocery shopping. Trailing apathetically around the mall, you picked up some essentials, until you heard a commotion.

Looking up, you saw the people crowding near the television, at the mall. Creasing your brows in curiosity, you walked up to the place, only to feel your jaws drop open and eyes widen in shock. 

"It has just been reported that the biggest mafia gang of Seoul, which was run by Lee Jong, was taken down yesterday. If sources are to be believed, then apparently officer Kim Taehyung, with his partner officer Park Jimin and team, went undercover for this mission since a few months now and finally they were able to get to the enemies. This team was supervised by senior officer Kim Seokjin and assisted by aspiring officer Jeon Jungkook"

Your breaths quickened a little as you got the shock of your life. They were not mafias. They themselves were catching the mafias.

"This gang was the most fierce and brutal gang in Seoul and thanks to our talented and hardworking officers that Seoul is finally rid of them. Though they were severely injured while carrying out this mission, we hope that they will make it through. Let's pray for them" 

The further news gave you another shock. But this shock was very painful. Injured? Are they fine? Is he fine? Will I be able to meet him again? Will they survive?

Your mind was now clogged with numerous questions and you didn't know what to do or where to go to get any information about him. How will you make sure that he was doing fine? You knew nothing.

Though your heart swelled with pride, thinking about his bravery and your choice to fall in love with him, the mere doubt of not being able to see him again sulked in.

Just come back to me Tae….

______________________________________