7

Driving through the dark and unknown streets, you sighed looking out of the window, letting the cool breeze stroke your face. Since the time Taehyung took you out, you two didn't speak a word.

Occasionally, he would hold and squeeze your hand, which was cuffed with him, making your cheeks flush, and you tried hard not to smile. It felt like Taehyung was taking his own time to drive, letting you feel all the fresh air at once.

"Here"

He finally spoke and you looked around to see that you two had reached what seemed like the outskirts of the city. Getting out of the car, from his side, considering the handcuffs, you roamed your gaze from here to there.

It looked like a hilltop, and as far as your eyes can go, you can only see the grassy land and nothing else. It was completely deserted, with no one except the two.

"The extreme point of this place has a surprise for the birthday girl"

You heard a low but somewhat cheerful voice of Taehyung from beside you.

You smiled excitedly before starting to walk behind him as he took the lead. The walk was filled with a comfortable silence as the sky was getting dark slowly, hiding the sun underneath, giving it an ethereal look. Suddenly, Tae spinned you, winding his hand around you in such a way that now he was back hugging you.

"Whaattt?"

You shrieked at his sudden action but he moved his other free hand, to close your eyes, shushing you in between.

"Just walk"

He murmured into your ears, making shivers run down your spine and after what felt like an eternity, he finally told you to stop.

Removing his hand, he looked down at you from the side to catch your amused reaction as you widen your twinkling eyes, your jaws dropped open.

"It's so beautiful"

You gasped out as your eyes captured the shimmering lights of the city from the hilltop. You two were standing in a position, from where you could see the city lights, which was shining with a golden colour.

"I am glad you liked it"

He smiled at you only to feel you jump in his embrace.

"I loved it"

You squealed excitedly. He tightened his grip around you, pulling your back closer to his chest and later rested his chin above your shoulder. Your heart did somersaults inside, as you felt his little efforts capturing your heart slowly and steadily.

"Though I don't know where I am, still I like this place"

You mumbled, ignoring any type of second thoughts to fill in your head. You didn't want to think about anything anymore. You thought that it was useless anyways because what is meant to happen will happen for sure, so you were ready to loosen up yourself and go with the flow, wherever your destiny would take you.

"V.."

You mouthed, as the two of you sat on the ground, with a little bit of distance between the two.

"Hmm…"

He hummed, keeping his eyes on the city lights but he could feel your eyes on him.

"Why are you like this?"

You folded your knees, crisscrossing them, fiddling with the cloth of your pants.

"Like what?"
"Like the way you are"

He turned his gaze towards you.

"Why can't you be like any other normal person?"

Your eyes bored into his as he let out a small chuckle.