Part 2- Jezebel

The Next Day

"Hey JJ!" Dhani exclaims as he catches up to Jacqueline in the hallway.

"Hi Dhani." She replies shyly, clutching onto the books against her chest.

"Headed to class?"

"Yeah, science."

"With Mr. Murphy?"

She nods.

"No way, Me too! I'll walk you there!" He smiles.

Jacqueline hums as they stroll leisurely towards their classroom, casually stealing glances at Dhani every so often. She did think he was a handsome boy, and was surprised by how nice he was to her.

"So how was dinner last night?" He asks.

"Dinner?"

"Yeah, you said you had to leave practice because you needed to be home for dinner. Hope it was something good!"

"Oh yeah, it was fine. My mum just made her typical roast chicken."

"Yikes." He shudders.

"Pardon?" She laughs, feeling a bit taken aback.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that my family is vegetarian, so I couldn't imagine ever eating a chicken."

"Oh...It's okay. Um, What's it like being a vegetarian?" She asks, turning to him.

"Its great, though I've never really known anything different. I was brought up that way. My dad says eating meat is one of the worst things you can do for your body, so I've always steered clear from it."

"Oh man, not my dad. He couldn't survive a single day without his meat and potatoes."

Dhani laughs, "Tell me more about your dad! What's he like?"

Jacqueline immediately tenses up, which doesn't go unnoticed by Dhani. She clears her throat, "He's a pastor."

"A pastor? Like for a church?"

She giggles, "Yes, for a church."

"Wow, that's mad. So your family must be pretty religious then?"

"Very. In fact, I shouldn't even be talking to you. My dad would probably send me away to an all girls school if he knew I was interacting with a boy."

"That bad huh? Well, you don't have to worry about me. I don't bite. Can't speak for some of the other boys here though."

She chuckles, "Thanks Dhani."

The pair look ahead and see that they've reached the door to their class. Dhani opens it for Jacqueline like a gentleman, and they walk inside together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rings at the end of the day, and Jacqueline weeds through the crowd to catch up to Dhani in the hallway.

"Hey!" He grins. "How was your first day?"

"It went well, thank you."

"Who's this?" Another boy interrupts them  with a slight smirk. Dhani rolls his eyes, "Tommy, this is JJ."

"Hey Tommy, nice to meet you!" Jacqueline smiles courteously.