Part 3- Crackerbox Palace

"So do you live far from here?" Jacqueline speaks up as she scans the interior of Dhani's very posh car.

"Not too far. Just a few miles away."

Jacqueline smiles and looks out of the window, and notices the sudden abundance of trees, "You live in the forest?"  She asks.

"Not exactly. You'll see."

Dhani takes another turn and drives straight down a long road, seemingly off the beaten path. When they approach a gate, Dhani rolls down his window and punches in a few numbers, opening up the massive iron doors. Jacqueline watches with widened eyes as they screech open to reveal the most incredible house she'd ever seen. It looked like it cane straight out of a magazine or a movie.

"Dhani...is this where you live?" She gulps and turns her head.

"Guilty." He chuckles as he cruises slowly into the driveway. He parks on the side of the house next to a black sports car, which is sparkling from its brand new paint job.

"It's like a hotel." She mutters as she marvels in the sight of everything.

"Yeah, I suppose dad went a bit overboard." He retorts as he slams his car door. He walks around to open Jacqueline's, and together they walk up to the door.

"How do you keep a place like this clean?" Was the first question that came to her mind as they stepped inside of the mansion. Though the house itself was old, it was kept in pristine condition.

"Help." He laughs. "We have a maid that comes and cleans every other day."

"Wow."

Dhani closes the door behind them and walks over to one of the staircases, "Dad?" He calls out, thought there isn't an answer.

"Must be in his studio. C'mon, follow me." He quips and leads Jacqueline upstairs and down the corridor to one of the bedrooms- his bedroom.

Immediately she notices that there's already four other boys sprawled around the room jotting down notes in their books.

"Hey!" Everyone shouts simultaneously.

"Hey guys! I want you all to meet JJ, she's new to our school!" He smiles and pulls her by her waist into his side, a gesture that makes her slightly uncomfortable.

"Hi everyone..." she murmurs almost inaudibly, making her awkwardness bloom tremendously.

"JJ you already met Tommy, but that's Alex, Gerry, and Chris." He points to each boy to show her. They all wave and smile sweetly, though Jacqueline is visibly uneasy.

"Dhani can we talk in private for a minute?" She whispers into his ear, and he nods.

"Be right back!" He announces to the group, then takes her back into the hallway.

"What's the matter?"

"You didn't tell me I'd be the only girl here!"

"I didn't think it'd be an issue!"

"Didn't think it'd be an issue?" She raises her voice, startling Dhani. "Sorry, it's just- I don't know anybody!"

"You know me, don't you?"

"Well yeah, but-"

"Okay well this is how you get to know people, JJ! Don't be so scared!"

Jacqueline buries her head in her hands and shakes it side to side angrily, "I shouldn't have come, Dhani. I shouldn't have lied to my parents. Oh what have I done?" She cries.

"JJ you're making a big deal out of nothing." He coos reassuringly as he takes her into his arms for a hug. She shudders and backs away.

"Look, if you're this uncomfortable I can ask my dad to take you home."