Prologue

Oikawa Tooru, a skilled volleyball player in his third and final year of high school in Japan.

Y/N L/N. A popular digital artist in sixth form in England.

Both 18. Both looking for a relationship. Both with busy schedules. Both downloaded a dating app. Both matched with each other. But they realised they have different time zones and live nowhere near each other. Nonetheless, they give this long distance relationship a try and hope for the best.

♡ー※ー♡

Y/N L/N sat in her room, scrolling through Instagram. She kept seeing all of her friends posting pictures with their partners and significant others. She'd be lying if she said that she didn't feel a little bit left out.

She didn't interact with new people too often and so she never really managed to meet someone she wanted to date.

On the rare occasion she did meet someone who she was interested in and showed a mutual interest, they often didn't stick around for long as she had a very busy schedule and so didn't have too much time for dates.

She was a sixth form pupil with a job and a YouTube channel that she had to upkeep. She lived in a three bed apartment with two of her close friends. You might've guessed by now but they also had partners. One had a boyfriend and the other, a non binary significant other.

But it was because the people she knew were all happily in relationships, she decided to download a dating app and make a profile. She just hoped that she'd find someone who could understand her busy schedule and stay with her despite it.

♡ー※ー♡

Oikawa Tooru sat, trying to do his homework as his phone was blowing up with DMs from fan girls (and boys), all trying to start a conversation and get him to notice them. He glanced at his phone and sighed.

He just wanted someone that would love him for who he is, not his looks. Someone that would take the time to understand him and that he could have a good relationship with. Someone he could discuss things with. A person who wouldn't get jealous over his fans. Someone who would understand that he couldn't spend time with them all the time since he was busy with volleyball and school.

Not someone who would only be there for his looks. Not someone who hung on his every word and agreed with everything he said. Not a person who would complain about his fans and how he should only be paying attention to them. Not someone who would leave him if he couldn't go on a date with them or was too busy to message like some of his past relationships.

He muted the notifications from Instagram and went to put his phone down when he got an idea. He could just download a dating app and try to find someone like that. He didn't know why he didn't think of it sooner. Oh well, better late than never.

♡ー※ー♡

A/N okay so this was the prologue of Dating Apps. I hope you liked it. It's a bit short I know but it is just a prologue. The rest of the chapters will hopefully be a lot longer than this. I'd like to just add something quickly.

I mentioned one of Y/N's roommates dating a non binary person. Yeah if you have a problem with it, please leave and don't associate with me ever again. If you have a problem with anything lgbt. Leave. However, if I have messed up anything to do with specificgender identities or sexualities, please correct me. I don't want to spread misinformation about anything like that.

Also, out of curiosity, what do you all identify as? Ofc you don't have to answer. I, personally am a Pansexual and Polyamorous cis female.

Furthermore, if there is anything you want me to add to the story or if you have any ideas for the plot (I'm literally winging it like I do all my stories), let me know. I'll do my best to incorporate all of your ideas into the story!