[ prologue ]

you stared at your watch

It took you exactly 30 minutes and 38 seconds to arrrive at work today, 10 minutes and 4 seconds for that cup of coffee this morning and another 5 minutes and 20 seconds to get to your designated workplace, that much you knew.

Every now and then, counting was all you knew, every second of every minute of every hour that passed. Counting was a hobby, something you did out of boredom. Lately, you considered it your lifeline.

Countdowns such as: 2 more days 'til you finish both your shampoo and conditioner bottles, coincidentally at the same time; 36 more hours before your passport expires; 3 more minutes to boil your last cup of noodles at the cupboard, the special way you boil it; and 45 more seconds before you die.

Finally.

You weren't stupid. He was there, as you drank the second to the last sip of vodka in your couch watching the last episode of sex in the city. He was in the bushes, he was breaking in your window, he was behind the door, he was watching through the cameras, listening through the phone, he was behind the couch, maybe even below; breathing and motherfucking alive, as if you couldn't hear his loudass shit lungs.

You weren't oblivious, even though they say you were.

You didn't buy that 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner for this moment, you didn't apply for that near-expiring passport for this, you stopped worrying about everything for this exact moment. You knew you were gonna be killed, probably decapitated, organs most likely sold. If not you'd do it yourself, you know what they say, you either kill yourself or get killed,

Basically six feet underground. That's the point, you told yourself. It was just a matter of time.

You knew this much about yourself. You were never facing the future. You dwelled on the past, exist during the present but never dreamed of the future. Never once did she popped out your mind during existencial episodes, you knew it was just a matter of time before you died. Well, it should be anyways,

But as the clouds go by, and the chilly autumn wind blows that night, in the mere idea of the grand scheme of things, what exactly do you know?

You're oblivious as fuck.

[A/N: hi bitches im back ;) ]