[ 2 ]

still there

Mf was staring all day, and you knew he was still there. The burning gaze never left your back. The agonizing 5 hours of work felt longer that it's supposed to, today. The clock turned 12 signalling your lunch time. You saw Namjoon from the marketing department waving at you from the glass windows.

"(Y/N), let's eat lunch" he said once he approached you, in his hand, his Company ID and his blazer that you never, literally ever, saw him wearing.

"I'll just finish this document" you mumbled out, typing the last numbers into the system. Being a pro at multitasking, you ask him while typing,

"I never really got to see you in that blazer, huh?" As if talking to yourself, but also to him. "Must be the tiddies huh?" You thought aloud.

"Wh-what?" he stuttered out, being called out wasn't nice.

"Did I just say that aloud?" You asked him looking at him incredulously. Loud walking steps were then heard, before Namjoon even had the chance to respond.

"Yes. Yes you did (L/N). Finish all these by 5 o'clock sharp" Seokjin then appeared, looking as enigmatic as ever, putting down, what it seemed, a ream of bond papers at your desk.

Then you looked at him incredulously.

"(Y/N), come on. Let's eat" Namjoon, slightly harshly, said. "And yes, my tiddies are too big, I can't fit the company jacket" he mumbled out the last part. At this point you stopped listening and sped up your typing. You were starving.

"You aren't going to finish any work being idle like that (L/N)" Seokjin said glaring at Namjoon. While you were busy typing and, well, not listening.

"She can't finish all that in a day, Mr. Kim" Namjoon replied, ah yes, being another department head, Namjoon had the guts, audacity and right, to talk back at him in a voice no subordinate could ever. Namjoon grabbed Seokjin's slender hand and shook it.

"She could if you leave her alone, Mr. Kim" Seokjin shook back.

"Aight chile, imma just go kill myself real quick" you mumbled, thoughts once more bouncing from the back of your head to the tip of your tongue.

They both stopped glaring at each other and looked at you incredulously. Yes, you all heard correct. I, (Y/N), just want to die, ya'll chile. Both men stared at you and what you just said. Hands still together, looking at you in disbelief.

"Okay, I'm done with this document." You stood up, leaving the heap of files on your desk for later, tapping the top of it, optimistically. And stared at Namjoon staring at you.

"Joon?" You asked tilting your head. You felt Seokjin stil staring at you. "oh, sir you're still here? Do you wanna join us too?" You asked him as well, you didn't want to but, out of respect you asked him.

"oh, is there a department head meeting? I could eat alone Joon, don't worry" you put up your hands defensively, seeing that they're hands were together shaking. Sort of?

Seokjin coughed, and stopped staring. He removed his hands from Namjoon and replied, "No, enjoy your lunch (L/N)" he spit out the word 'lunch' as if it was venom, stuck in his throat.

You noticed this, but decided not to point it out. "Okay then! Joon let's go" you said grabbing your Company ID and wallet.

"So tiddies huh?" You asked him while walking towards the floor's only elevator. "Yeah, the buttons don't close. Sometimes the stitches on the sleeves rip too" he said sadly.

"Well, those tiddies are wonders from god. Keep them." You commented wisely. Indeed, you are right. In times of darkness, tiddies, indeed make things a lot better.

He chuckled at your silliness. He was obviously bothered by what you said earlier, nevertheless you were still funny. Namjoon liked this about you. Yeah, he couldn't get past your suicidal jokes, that even you have no memory speaking of, but still he loved your humor. It was just right for a literary genius like him. Not too dumb, where it literally made no sense, and not too smart that everyone had to think about it twice. Unlike the jokes from the nerds at council.

Kim Namjoon, you met him at the ground floor when you bumped into him trying to tie his shoes for the nth time that morning. And introduced himself as Kim Namjoon, head of the marketing department. He was a flirty young man, according to rumors; again, rumors are rumors. He never once tried flirting with you. He always kept blushing and losing his cool once starting to talk to you. His feet clammered and head was void of any thought, emotion acted first.

He was actually also, your elementary classmate. Well, that's what he said, because you actually have no fucking clue, at all. You actually didn't remember him nor having a memory of knowing him at all. Though you then remembered, he was that best friend of that on guy that one. You didn't actually remember. Coincidentally, he moved to the main town as well and coincidentally became your work superior not the same department but, you get it.

"Never tried using your own clothes?" You ask him, trying to make small talk. You were never that close, but it was better than having to talk to no one at the workplace.

"Department heads, get custom made fits from the higher-ups" he sighed. "motherfuckers cant even get my size right"

You chuckled at this. And he knew you would. He knew you'd laugh with any profanity given or spoken to you in a civilized manner. It was fun making you laugh.

I wished I was the only one making you laugh though, he thought.

He knew you'd laugh— not because he stalked you when he moved to the main city and got to work here just because he wanted to be with you and play out his sick fantasies that he thought about at night just to fall asleep at night— maybe because of that too. He loved your laugh. He loved hearing it, it was as if angels from above sang. His heart clenched it physically ached, whenever you're near, Namjoon.exe always stopped working. When he moved to the Main City, the first thing he heard was your childish giggles that he never got out of his mind ever since you left them—no, left him. He missed your eyes that sparkle and giggles that turn into laughing fits. He loved your knees and scrapes on your feet. He loved your hardworking tiny hands. And your once braided hair pinned with a red bow on top. He missed you.

Now given the chance to see you, have you, my mans promised to himself he'd never miss again. He's never letting you go. Not this time.

"Alright, let's go" he piped up.