VIII. A-WHAT-NOW?

❝ screw you,y'know? ❞

screw you,
y'know?

CHAPTER EIGHT:
A-WHAT-NOW?

─────────────────────────

I heard Linda was going home the next day after my tumultuous embarrassment. And fortunately, she did. It turned out that she only visited Pennytown for the weekends. Well, two days are better than a whole seven.

I looked out the window and saw Linda's car belch out smoke as it maneuvered its way into obscurity. After the Linda's father drove away, I catch Jovi waving goodbye to Linda.

"Love ya, buddy!" I hear him yell out. And then I snuck my head out the window to see Linda sneaking her hand out the car window, then her head. "Love ya, too! Take care!"

Well, that's fun, ain't it. "That's too much for me now," I muttered to myself.

I was like an awful detective at stakeout; Jovi caught sight of me and waved his hand at me.

"Doll! Doll!" he shouted from afar, cornering the sides of his mouth with his hand to make his voice louder. I look at him. He looked stupid there swaying his hand to and fro with a broad smile on his face. Goddamn it. He's so cu─

"What are you doing down there?" I shouted, also cornering the sides of my mouth with my palm. He gave this stupid look that deaf people make. Not remotely stupid. I thought it might be offensive, and I realized it was. It was just stupidly cu─

"I can't hear you!" he shouted.

"I can't hear you, buddy!" I shouted. His words became more and more gibberish to me. It was like 'akehnbeeboo' or something rather inexplicable.

And through the tone of his voice and his efforts, I heard him exhaustedly say, "Come down here!"

I snuck a 'thumbs up' out of the window and immediately ran to my still-unorganized luggage bag. Just like the days ago, it was still heaps and heaps on assorted clothes of any kind. I took immediately what I thought felt right. With the choice of clothing in hand, I lay them down my bed and rushingly thought of what to pair them with.

There's nothing bad with wearing a knitted sweater and nothing underneath it, right? Besides, they said it was gonna be the biggest trend to pair it with blue jeans. People have been wearing these kinds of stuff even before the eighties came. The same hippie uncle who gave me the tie-dye of embarrassment also wore a lot of sweaters paired with jeans. He always tucked them into his pants. And in his oversized, too-baggy sweater, he stored his weed in it when he had to smuggle marijuana somewhere. It didn't make a difference though. No one gave a flying damn about the hippies because everyone were hippies back them.

Honestly though, I don't find any other good reason to not try looking good for Jovi. I mean, we're not sure if he likes me ba─ We're not sure if he just isn't vocal about how awful my dresses were. We will never know.