XVIII. CONSTELLATIONS AND COURAGE

❝ he lookednice in his suit

he looked
nice in his suit.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
CONSTELLATIONS AND
COURAGE.

─────────────────────────

Ever since I got discharged, Jovi and I barely talked. It just like a month ago where the both of us were ghosts in each other's world.

The more unfortunate part was that the news was spread and everyone found out about my father selling Pennytown.

No one handled the news well. All of them were either astounded, frantic, or in turmoil in knowledge of the near end of Pennytown's existing days.

I could tell Jovi was mad. It was easy to determine his emotions just by the way he laughed. The laughter that was once filled with enthusiasm and joy was now burdened with fear and anger. No matter how much I wanted to give him a hug and tell him it's gonna be okay, I never had the courage to do so. It was all my fault anyway.

To be honest, I feel too guilty myself. As much as I wanted to completely erase these feelings like a mistake written on pencil, it was as if it has become permanent and still. Ever growing and ever more.

Hearsay flew around town that Linda said that I was a bitch ─ she wasn't wrong. She indirectly spat on me before leaving and never coming back. She couldn't deny that she and Jovi probably made out before she entered her daddy's black Eldorado and drove away to obscurity. It was visible from the way she said goodbye to Jovi and the way she said goodbye to me. She was a nice girl though. Her instincts knew I like Jovi.

A single word couldn't just patch up every single thing that I've caused. It was beyond my knowledge that I've spent my days here only to find out that my blood was bound to crush this dreamland to pieces. Sure, maybe I did wanna say sorry to Linda, but she probably doesn't deserve it.

Ah, God damn it. She deserves it ─ it just kills me admitting it.

Jovi, on the other hand, decided to ignore me for four days before saying hi to me when we fell in line for sandwiches in some other kid's birthday party. That entire four days made me feel like I was alone, but it didn't matter, I guess.

It did matter. It just hurts to admit it.

Now, the annual 'party' at Courage Club was coming up, and all I did was wish Jovi would try to talk to me. If there was anything that mellowed down the tension in regards to Pennytown's soon demise, it was this party.

I heard the Carpenters were actually going to perform in Courage Club; there was no confirmation, so I didn't really know.

The townspeople were beyond excited about the lineup of artists performing tonight. Teenagers who also lived in Pennytown (who I didn't know existed until now) prettied themselves up and dressed in a variety of colours. Some wore oddly fashionable cowboy hats, and some just wore what they thought looked best on them.