🍒I'm🍒

The weather changes drastically and begins the light drizzling which doesn't take much time to change into a heavy downpour. Not wanting to get wet, I shade myself in the alley which have some sort of overhang above it.

I have no option but to wait for the rain to slow down. Standing alone in the dark alley in which probably anyone will recognize me, I feel everything coming back to me. I didn't want to run away but my father has left with no option. If I return back, he'll marry me to someone I don't even know name of, after a week.

Did I just hear footsteps?

It must be rain.

I don't look back assuming the sound to be trickling of the raindrops on the ground but I'm proved wrong in the following second when a hand harshly grabs mine and yanks me around forcibly.

My words gets lost as a lump forms in my throat. His dark gaze piercing straight into my soul as his dripping wet blonde locks stick together to his forehead resembling his soaking damp shirt which is clung onto his abs, that are traceable now.

"Why are you here?" I ask out, my voice comes out tiny more than I expect it to be.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" He yells out as he harshly grabs my arms from the sides. I stay silent, startled at his sudden outburst.

"THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? BECOME A BAIT AND MARRY THE ONE I DON'T EVEN KNOW NAME OF." I yelp out with a tear that succeeds in escaping out and rolling down my cheeks.

"IF YOU WANTED TO ESCAPE. YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOU? YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE A MESSAGE AND SWITCH OFF YOUR DAMN PHONE. DO YOU EVEN HAVE AN IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS? WHAT IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED? YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED."

I stay silent and look down. What he said is right. Hailing from a wealthy family has its own demerits. You don't know when someone will kidnap you only for few stocks of papers in exchange.

I lift my teary gaze and softly ask, "you was worried about me." It sounded more like a question.

"NO I WASN'T. WHY WOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT YOU? I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THIS DAMN RED COAT AND THIS WHOLE OUTFIT YOU ARE WEARING. IF YOU HAD RUN AWAY WHO WAS GONNA PAY FOR IT? AND YOUR FREAKING FATHER DON'T PAY ME TOO MUCH TO AFFORD THIS ATTIRE."

I chuckle at his reply. I spread my arms and wrap them around him, pressing my cheek against his wet shirt, accessing myself to hear his unsteady heartbeats.

Feeling him hugging me back, a smile autonomously creeps on my lips. His voice softens as he replies, "Of course I was worried about you pabo." After he places a peck on my hair, I draw my face out and as he looks down at me, I ask, "Why was you worried about me?" My arms still clasped at the back of his waist.

Before I can get an answer from him, someone interrupts,

"Hands up."

The voice compells us to part and I look around only to find us encompassed by guards that I know pretty well. Each one carrying a gun in their hands with tips pointing at us.

So my father has known about it all.

"You two, get in the car." One of them sternly instructs signalling his gun towards the car and we do as told. There's no use of protesting now.

Mintie and I sit together in the back seat with two muscular guards ahead glaring back at us through the mirror every now and then.

"Congratulations." He speaks out of blue and I furrow my brows at him with an are-you-for-real look.

We got caught and no one knows what my father will do to both of us and here he's congratulating me.

"I mean congrats on winning the best couple award." He explains and adds, "You left, so I had to receive the prize alone."

Wait, What about Jihyo?

She must be waiting for me at airport. She was the one who knew anything about my plan to escape. I planned to escape from the house somehow and reach airport where she was supposed to hand me the tickets for my flight before I leave this city and fly somewhere far.

"Can you message Jihyo for me? Tell her to go home." I speak lowly as possible so that only he can hear.

"I've already told her. She called me when I had spotted you in the alley." He replies.

"How do you know I won't reach the airport?" I arch one of my brows at him.

"Because I won't let you go away from me." He bops my nose and smiles.

He's smiling too much today. It's no good for my health.

"And why so?"

I ask only to get ignored because eventually a guard breaks in commanding us to get out of the car as we are in front of my house. Without replying, Mintie exits the car and so do I before following him into the house in utter silence as if at a funereal that exhibits how strong and terrifying the storm that will follow is gonna be.

___________________________________________

I was fed up of prom scenes, dance, prize announcing, receiving etc etc etc. so I didn't mention one and it's short story so It's gonna have only important scenes.

Will be posting two more chapters today!!