You're never here

Mal was peacefully sleeping when a kid's voice woke her up.
-Mommy!! Come on, mommy wake up!!-
-Urgh, Mel could you please be quiet? I fell asleep like two hours ago, I need to sleep.- said Mal sweetly to her beautiful 7-years-old daughter. The Queen opened her eyes just to see the light that was coming from the huge window in her (and Ben's) bedroom. The sunlight made Melanie's blonde her (with purple tips) look like white, and her eyes even more green than they normally were.
-But mommy, I think Bryce is sick! He keeps coughing really bad.- said the little girl, worried in her voice. At what Melanie had just said, Mal got up fastly and ran in her daughter and her son's bedroom so fast that Melanie didn't even see her.
-Bryce baby, are you okay?- said the Queen. Bryce's response was just a cough. A real, deep, cough. She immediately called Lumiere, and he was taken in the hospital.
                               ***
That afternoon, Ben came back from his long meeting at Merida's court.
Seeing her wife like that was terrible for him. -Babe? Babe what happened?- said Ben. -It's Bryce. He's in hospital. He was coughing really bad this morning, I think he's sick, like some bad flu. I'm worried, he's just a little kid, what if the flu is too bad for him?- Mal talked so fast that Ben had to shut her up. He hugged her and started to cuddle her hair. -Don't worry Mal. He will be okay, it's just a flu and you know, he's a really strong boy, just like his mother.-
-But how do you know? You're never even here! Do you even know your own kid? He barely knows who you are! Melanie always wants to be with her dad and I am so sick of saying to her that you can't be here because you're working, and Bryce he needs you, he needs a father figure and you know neither me or you father or my father can do that for him. He needs YOU! And guess what? You're never at home for him, or for me for what is worth. I need my husband, the kids need their father and your folks need their son!- All of the words came out of Mal's mouth in less than a minute. Ben was pretty shocked of what his wife was saying. But he got that, he knew that, and he wanted her to know that he needed to be with his own family too.
-Mal, baby. I get what you're saying, I really do- tried to say Ben. -You do? Because I don't think so!- interrupted Mal. -Babe, just let me finish okay? I get that. I get that you and all of my family need me. But the people of Auradon need me, too. I'm their king, and you're their queen. I miss you every time I'm away, you think I don't? I get that, maybe, I'm spending too much time on work, and I should really use a pause from everything. What do you think if, as soon as Bryce is better, we all go to a vacation? Maybe at the Sherwood Forest? Or at the Isle, I know you're dying to show the kids how you grew up. What do you say?- Mal, that had cried during that conversation, smiled. -Really?- she said. -Really. And now, let's go pick up that kid from the hospital and see what he has, okay?- Ben smiled, too and then kissed Mal sweetly.