Chapter 2 - Old Man Li

Chapter 2 — Old Man Li

Magic world. A magic world is the realm inside a mage's consciousness, where the mage's magic spirits resides. People says, that larger and bigger the magic world is, the stronger the mage is.

But accessing the magic world is something that Merlin haven't done before. He haven't awaken his magic yet!

"Let me guess, I already have a magic world, no?" Merlin asked. He was still lying wet on the floor, but his wounds were still hurting. The old man gave a glare, then disappeared.

This was some kind of test. A test of his talent.

Merlin closed his eyes, focusing. He attempted to access his magic world, but it was not that easy. Suddenly, Merlin felt a pulling sensation. He focused even more, burning with desires.

Then suddenly, Merlin's body was yanked. It was akin of his soul leaving his body. But then, it was not leaving his body, but venturing deep into him.

A land more vast than an eye can see. A space that's so enormous that calling it a heaven wasn't exaggerating.

There was different landscapes, but each of it was different. As it possess it own nature and behaviour.

Merlin gazed around, observing his surrounding. He was standing in some sort of palace. The palace was majestic, clad in gold and silver. "First attempt, not too shabby."

Merlin turned around. He saw the beggar-like old man, floating a few good feet from him. "Is this my magic world?" He said.

"Naturally." The old man replied. "But if that's the case, how could it be so vast?" Merlin questioned.

As boy who grew up admiring magic, he naturally knew of common magic knowledge. The stronger the mage is, the larger the magic world is. The stronger the mage is, the stronger the magic spirit is.

But he, Merlin, had defied all of those common sense. He had an old man, with immeasurable strength, as a magic spirit. But deep inside his mind, Merlin naturally knew of the answer.

"Your heavenly mystical bloodline fused with your divine godly mana. It's weakest power surpasses that of your father's and your mother's." The old man said.

"You knew of them? My parents?" Merlin asked. His gaze was filled with hope.

"I don't. But I knew that they're alive, and their origins are simply too extraordinary."

"And even here, this lowest trashy mortal world where you live, not even the kings possess a body like them or yours." The old man narrated.

Merlin's gaze changed, it was filled with pride, but then it faded away just as quick as it appeared.

"You're called Merlin, yes?" The old man said. "I am." Merlin muttered. "You may address me as Li, Old Man Li."

"So, what are we doing?" Merlin asked. He is certain that Old Man Li is gonna help him. "Are we gonna awaken my power?" Merlin asked. He gazed toward the sky, which now was forming into vortex.

His magic world was truly bizarre, yet it was magnificent.

"Precisely." Old Man Li answered. "Each magic spirit is formed with different elements. Such as, Fire magic spirit, Earth magic spirit, and more. When one awakens his or her magic, they naturally would form a magic spirit. This magic spirit is what determines their elements—your elements."

"So what's yours? You don't seem like a magic spirit to me." Merlin said. What Merlin said was reasonable. Ordinary magic spirit's appearance would follows their elements.