Chapter 7- Astonishing Everyone

Chapter 7— Astonishing Everyone

"Next match!"

"Next match!"

"Next match!"

Almost all of them had finished their fight. "Next match, Carla Arlante fighting Lily Oxford!"

Merlin suddenly stand straight. "Carla Arlante.." He muttered. He eyed the girl—no, woman. Although Carla's build was like those in the fifteen-years-old, she had a mature charm around her.

Her dark long hair and gloomy face made her look like a broken-hearted woman.

Merlin also noticed something in her gaze—confidence.

"Lily. Be careful. That woman—I think she analyzed your sister's fight. Just be careful when approaching her." Merlin warned.

Lily hummed, then proceeded towards her fight.

"Begin!" The crowd cheered. After all, they had high expectation for the Oxford family. After all, they dominated the top five. However, Lily was up against the Carla girl.

She was first place, after all.

"I'm Lily, it's a pleasure to meet you." Lily bowed politely.

Carla glared coldly at her. She didn't reply a single words. What a cold woman. "Begin!"

Lily light green magic circle starts forming at her hands. "Fording Wind Path!"

She bursts forward, splitting the air like a bullet. It was even faster than Rose! It was no inferior from Merlin's golden greaves. Although it seems that it was a one-time-use and there is no way to alter it's trajectory though.

"Rose, is she stronger than you?" Merlin asked.

"Of course." Rose smiled. "But that's not the biggest surprise."

Merlin smirked. If that's the case, then Lily is really an exceptional genius from the Oxford family.

Then, suddenly, a blue gray sand appeared around Carla.

"That's..Ice Sand Magic!" An Elder spouted. The crowd screamed hysterically. "What's this about?" Merlin asked.

"Ice Sand Magic are extremely rare even in White Glacier District. Even those in the Glacies family who had that magic can only be counted with fingers."

Merlin was surprised.

Of course, Ice magic for a beginner was already surprising enough. But for someone from a nameless family, to possess that kind of magic with such a young age are astonishing.

Of course, that excludes Merlin.

"Plummeting Blizzard!" Carla chanted. The blue grey sand she was creating scatters, and a dense thick dark blue fog surrounded the stage. "Whoa! Is that even a White-tier spell?!" An amazed disciple screamed.

Both of them was one-star White Cloaks, yet their spells could easily defeat a two-star White Cloaks.

Then a jet of wind pierced the mists. A tiny figure landed on the edge of the arena. It was none other than Lily.

She was covered in frost, tiny icicles are hanging from her clothes.

Then, in an instant, her magic circle was formed yet again.

She flew forward again, entering the mist.

"That fast?"

"What kind of casting is that?!"