Chapter 3 - Five Colored Dragon Lightning

Chapter 3 — Five Colored Dragon Lightning

Merlin entered his magic world, appearing where he appeared last time. This time, Old Man Li was standing in his face, not behind him. "Old Man Li. This junior thanks for your benevolence." Merlin bowed, paying respect toward Old Man Li.

After Old Man Li opened all thirty-six of his magic entrances, he felt a whole new level of respect toward him.

"Don't mention it. But thirty-six opened magic entrances without it's magic is useless." Old Man Li smirked.

"Right. This Junior bet that Junior haves more than a dozen or so magic spirits, yes?" Merlin asked. After all, the elements on one's magic world is formed by the existence of the corresponding magic spirit.

"Naturally. But with your strength, you possess a very limited amount of choice."

"And that is, the 4 fundamental elements—Fire, water, wind, and earth." Old Man Li narrated.

"Even divided into four, your choice is still very limited. And risky." Old Man Li suddenly lift off. "Follow me. There's a simple test we need to conduct."

Merlin followed Old Man Li. However, one simply cannot catch up when the other is flying. Then, without slowing down, Old Man Li yelled, "This is your magic world! You can alter anything, change anything, make anything. It is your ability to do so."

Then he sped up. Merlin stopped, breathing heavily. "God, it's a test one-after-another!"

Merlin stomped his feet toward the ground, while jumping. He fell awkwardly. If people sees him, he would seem like a weirdo hopping continuously. On the tenth attempt, he jumped so far that was propelled to the sky.

He flew with a high speed. Merlin screamed, but he didn't slow down a bit. The principles of heaven and earth doesn't exist inside a magic world. A mage could do anything inside it.

He pierced the clouds, a dense white mists surrounded him. Around him, there were floating islands. The floating islands had nothing on it, only green grass.

Then, his gaze stopped. In the distance, surrounded by darkness, a cumulus of black clouds piqued his interest. There was rumbling coming from inside—akin to thunder. Sudden lightning flashes also sparked suddenly, with different colors.

Merlin subconsciously hovered there. However, when he got close, a figure appeared in front of him. Of course, it was Old Man Li.

"Merlin, stop joking around. This place is already risky, and the place you're approaching is very deadly." Old Man Li spoke. One could see worry in his face.

"There's something there." Merlin glared at the cumulus of dark clouds. "Something powerful."

"Yes, it is one of your magic spirits. It is very unique, unlike the others. The magic spirits inside your body is naturally powerful, but even so, each elements had many magic spirits—with different strength."

"I am sure with your talent and willpower, you will be able to conquer the 8 headed flame serpent. Of course, it would bestow you a small part of his power, but that's sufficient enough." Old Man Li said.

"Wait, you mean I have several magic spirits for each elements?" Merlin frowned. He was utterly confused. He knew that, a mage could only have one magic spirit for each element. When the mage grows stronger, naturally the magic spirit do so too.

But several magic spirits for one element, that would ruin one's balance. His or her magic would simply be in chaos.

"Fortunately, you possessed heavenly mystical bloodline—the purest kind." Old Man Li said. "You are more than capable of housing hundreds, maybe thousands of magic spirits. And your divine godly mana delivers them."