VII

Who would have thought that me, Davina of House Lannister, would be having tea and sweets with Daenerys of House Targaryen, a girl who doesn't even know who I truly am, she is only 5 years younger than her and yet she is as innocent as a child. "Illiryio told me you are Daenerys, is it alright if I call you Danny?" she looks so fragile "Yes it is quite alright. And you are Lady Davina... I'm sorry I didn't get your family name" ha, nor has anyone in Pentos

"Danny that is unimportant, I'm just a girl, and hopefully a friend. When I heard the rumors of you, your beauty, and the fact that you are getting married to one of those savages that live on this side of the world... well I just knew I had to meet you, and thought that you might need a fellow noble lady to talk to" and I had to see you with my own eyes to prove your birth.

She looked up to me and shyly answered "I mean no offence, but what would you know of my situation and how could you be my friend when I don't trust you" HA! Trust, how naive I dryly laugh at her answer "Hahaha, well for one; I'm on vacation from my busy noble life and family but once I go back home I have to marry a stranger, just like you. Also let's just say he isn't exactly the dream man, so I can relate to a horrible marriage arrangement" She actually smiled at me, yet I saw nothing but sadness in her eyes "Maybe we can be friends... Its just that, feel like I'm being sold and- " "You are"

She looked at me as if she was about to start crying "Sorry, that came out a little harsh. Look Danny, we are women of noble birth, this kind of scenario is to be expected for us. To serve our family by marrying another, it is our duty to marry and bear an heir for the man they choose for us. We are being sold, however if you are smart enough you can always turn it to your advantage" She looked to be really thinking of my words, sadness evident in her face, while I just took another piece of cheese to my mouth.

Danny looked up at me with watery eyes "There must be another way to help our families, a different method to get an army or financial support from others. I just have to belief that we can choose, is that stupid of me? To hope?" Hope? I haven't heard that word in a long time.

I took a deep breath and really thought of my answer, she is way to fragile for the real world "Well Danny I'm not going to lie, it is stupid to have blind hope that things will work out. You have to fight to get what you want, it doesn't matter if you are a queen or a whore, you fight to survive.... Look at it this way... The world is a perfectly oiled wheel... and we must all play our part... we must survive long enough to see the next round of men in power... does that make sense to you?"

She looked at me with those bright purple eyes, they looked exhausted. "Yes it does make sense... yet I can't, no, I refuse to see the world like you do Davina. I believe there is good in the world. I believe that by trusting and loving your family you can do anything" pff, love is a joke.

"You are so... good. But, Danny I can't see the world like that, because I've actually seen it... Just a word of advice, from woman to woman, about what you just said; to survive you have to win over people, especially men in power. Make them love you but never love them... Trust is for the weak, love can destroy a person, and family can become your worst enemy. Never forget that, especially when you marry the savage." You are far too good, and yet it's refreshing in a way to see someone love... love.

"Thank you Davina, there may be some truth in your words, I appreciate your advice. It is just that I never got a mother or sister to teach me all that. To make my husband do what I want is brilliant, men's minds are easy to figure out... haha now I want to see you again and talk all day but my brother won't let me. It is infuriating that I don't have control over my future" silly girl, of course you do, you just have to find your strengths and exploit them.

"We might not be able to meet again Danny, but as someone that knows, take my advice to heart. You do have power, over the minds of your followers and the cock of your husband. Use the goddesses gift to your advantage and you will survive, hells you might even enjoy it" I know I do.

"Now onto a more pleasant topic.. Danny, will you let me draw you?" Mordred then stepped forward with my journal and pen in hand "Hahaha, of course Davina... just make me look pretty"

***

I decided not to go back to the state, instead I'm making my way to the sept, I bought them a beautiful silver jewelry box as an offer. Henry and Mordred are waiting outside, since they worship the old gods like everyone up north in Westeros.

"Maiden, goddess... this daughter of yours, she is as innocent as they come, truly she even blushed when she looked at my dress, and she believes in love like you. Please I beg of you to protect her as best as you can from the Stranger and the harsh future that awaits her... Warrior, I pray that you will grant her strength in the future, for I am no Crone and yet.. I can feel the darkness and heartbreak that awaits her... she will suffer, I just pray she isn't alone"

Daenerys of House Targaryen... may the gods be with you.

A/N

What did you think? Please vote and comment.

Stay tuned, there are more songs to be played.