Guitar Villain

It was another beautiful day in Paris. (Y/n) decided to go over to Marinette's family bakery. She wanted to get something sweet to start her day. Once she got there, she noticed Marinette have some trouble, so she decided to help out her best friend before buying something. Then something surprising happened to them. Turns out, Bob Roth, Jagged Stone's producer was looking for the girls who designed his glasses. He was lucky to find them both at the bakery. Right now, he was speaking to the girls while Marinette's parents were close. "So, are you interested?" Bob asked. "Uh...wait, wait, wait. Let us get this straight. You want...us to design the album cover for Jagged Stone?! Our...all-time favorite singer?!" Marinette questioned in excitement. "Please tell me you're not joking!!" (Y/n) was still in disbelief. 

"That's right! And it's no joke at all! Requested by Jagged Stone himself." Bob gives the girls an XY album. "I brought a few visuals so you can get a sense of what we're going for." The girls looked at the album. "Are you sure because this isn't like Jagged Stone's image." (Y/n) raised a brow. "(Y/n)'s right. This looks more like...a perfume ad!" Marinette adds on. "This is the direction of his new image. More modern, current!" Bob explains. "...really? Wow. (Y/n) and I was thinking more along the lines of–" Marinette was cut off by Bob. "Don't think! This is what is selling these days." 

"...Okay, I guess we'll see what we can do." (Y/N) scratched her head. "And one last thing, Marinette and (Y/n). We're in a hurry! We need your proposals by the end of the day. You both up to it?" Bob questioned. The girls look back at Marinette's parents, who nodded at them. "Uh, yeah! Okay." The girls agreed. Bob was thrilled to hear about it and left the bakery. "See you later, then!" 

Tom walked to the girls with his wife by his side. "My girls, famous album cover designer. You're going to kill it! Marinette and (Y/n) style." He gave the girls a high-five. "Boo-yah!" He then pulled his wife and the girls into a group hug. "It's official, Mari. I'm a part of the family now." (Y/n) joked. Marinette giggles and pulled her into another hug. 

The girls were in Marinette's room. They were designing Jagged Stone's new cover while listening to XY's music. Their little companions were watching them as they were eating some sweets. They both groaned from the discomfort of the music. "Mari, please turn it off." (Y/n) covered her ears. Marinette happily agreed and turned it off. "Oh, why does Jagged Stone want to change his style? XY's music is so cold and lifeless, repetitive, mundane, the total opposite of Jagged. And what we've just done here is...ugh...is so not our style either." (Y/n) rubbed her temple. "So remind me again why we are doing this?" 

"Because that's what we were asked to do," Marinette answered. (Y/n) took a deep breath. "Maybe we should have followed our own guts and do something that Jagged wanted." 

"But you heard what Mr. Roth said!" Marinette then imitates Bob. "This is what's selling these days."

"True, but those are his words, not Jagged. We should just do our original style instead." (Y/n) smiled. "Augh, the pressure! I can't deal!" Marinette groans as she lay her head down. "Well, Marinette, class rep, an amazing girl, and my best friend is not suddenly worried about pressure?" (Y/n) joked as she had her hands behind her head. Marinette chuckles at her friend's joke. Even though it pains them, they do what they were told and do the design how Bob wants. 

Once they were done, they went to the Le Grand Paris Hotel where Jagged Stone was staying. They gave him the album cover. He studies it and he was very confused about the design. "What happened to the raw, impulsive artistry that made this?" Jagged dropped the album cover. "Yeah, about that, Mr. Roth told me–" Marinette was cut off by Bob. "Marinette and (Y/n) are young, Jag! They represent our target audience. They'll come up with a modern concept that's exactly what you need."