Thats what friends are for

Y/n pov

"Hey babe!" I exclaimed through the FaceTime call. "Hey" I get a blunt reply from my boyfriend Lucas. "You okay bub?" I ask him "hey Lucas do you think this will look good on me tonight?" I hear another females voice through the phone.

"Who is that Lucas?" I ask with concern in my voice. "No one" he bluntly shut me down "Babe who are you talking to?" The same girl says. "Why is she calling you 'babe' Lucas! Are you cheating on me?" I say as my voice breaks.

"Y/n it's not what you think" he said finally with some expression. Before I knew it the other girl took his phone and ended the call. Wow he's cheating on me, I felt as my heart shattered. I didn't know what to do or how to feel, there's just so much that I need to process.

I felt as a few tears fell down my face, I knew that me and Lucas wouldn't be together anymore. We had been dating for months and he never showed any signs of cheating.

Ruels pov

I decided to go over to my best friend y/n house because I was bored and wanted her attention. I asked my older sister to drop me off, once I arrived I knocked on the door. Y/n dad let me in, I walked up the stairs and stood out her closed door.

I knocked a couple of time before getting greeted by y/n crying. I immediately grabbed onto her and hugged her so tight, I close the door behind us and walked with her back to her desk.

I pulled up her computer chair for her to sit and kneeled down to be at her level. She quietly sobbed and her eyes pouring out many tears. I put her hands in mine and brought her into a hug while I was still kneeling to her level.

"He's cheating" she whispered in my ear, I pulled out the hug and wiped her tears with my hands. I tucked her hair behind her ear and told her "you're going to be okay! You got lucky that he's no longer yours, now that dick is gonna be some other girls problem"

She giggled through her tears before completely stopping crying.
"Go get dressed so we can go for a walk and get fresh air" I say to her, she agreed and I waited for her downstairs and talked to her dad while I waited.

We went on a walk through the neighbourhood and decided to walk through the city because it's not that far of a walk.

We found ourselves standing outside this cute ice cream shop, "after you My y/n" I say letting her in first. We picked out our ice cream and decided to sit outside, "thank you for doing this" she said as tears weld up in her eyes again.

"You don't need to thank me, that's what friends are for... I'm always there for you" I reply.