Cute Jake

Keeping true to my promise to myself I grabbed my birth control pills and stashed them in a blazer I rarely wore. I didn't like the big pockets on the front but now it was the best hiding place for my pills. I was patting the fabric down when Jacob strolled in. I felt his eyes on my back and quickly spun around to face him, flashing him a smile.

"Going to the office?" I asked him actually knowing the answer already. I tried to distract him from what I was doing.

"Yes." He grabbed his grey jacket off the hanger and shrugged it on, "Are you getting ready to leave?" He asked.

I knew it was odd for me to be in the closet with him at six-thirty in the morning going through my clothes. Well, it looked like I was looking for the perfect outfit to wear. The fact he didn't catch on at what I was actually doing was a good thing.

"I want to have coffee with Joy today."

He glanced at me, "If you're leaving the house I want a team with you, I don't trust people to leave you alone considering the circumstances."

I didn't mind having a security team with me for the day, it was for my own safety. I pulled my hair up in a bun, ready to get dressed for the day. I wanted to do my makeup too, just a little grooming since I didn't have much else to do.

"I need you to make some time for me," I told Jacob who faced the tall mirror to do his tie.

"You miss me already?" He joked.

It was a relief to see him in a good mood, I liked seeing the relaxed look in his eyes. He wasn't that cautious of me already. He finished his tie and straightened his jacket, stepping to me and observing the dress I chose to wear for the day.

"Should I be jealous that you dress up for Joy but not for me?"

"For you I rarely wear anything, you want me to seduce you in a little black dress?"

He narrowed his eyes on me, not looking too happy with the turn of events. He couldn't tell me he didn't like how I seduced him. He brushed his fingers over my arm, the silk fabric of my black robe rubbing gently at my skin. He leaned in and kissed me.

"I'll make some time for you."

"Good." I pulled away from him and started to put my outfit together with little pieces which would make it more put together. Like the kind of outfit the future Mrs. Blackwood would wear, "I want to discuss what we're going to do for Christmas." I smiled at him, "I do want to spend time with you during Christmas."

He froze, maybe he didn't expect me to actually want to celebrate Christmas. But I loved the holiday, it was my favorite holiday. I asked Mrs. Quake about lights and other decorations to spruce up the place but she looked sad to inform me that Jacob didn't have any of that. He didn't celebrate Christmas. He always focused on work.

He wouldn't do that anymore, I would make sure of it.

"I usually don't-"

"Celebrate Christmas?" I gave him a pointed look when I noticed how surprised he was, "But I do and since you already know I like to spend time with you you'll free up a day for me then too, right? We're a family now." I reminded him of the words he once told me, "So we're celebrating Christmas together."

He ran his fingers through his gelled hair, "You always like to stir things up for me, don't you?" He chuckled quietly, "I suppose I can spend Christmas with my beautiful fiancée."

I laughed at him, "No need for sweet words like that, you already have me, Jake."

He shoved his hands in his pockets, raising an eyebrow at me as I carried on as if I had said nothing at all.