The Softer Side of Jacob

Jacob was getting ready for work without getting distracted by me for once. I was seated on our bed, cup coffee in my hands while I watched him get dressed. It was a treat drinking delicious coffee in my comfy yoga pants and off the shoulder tee while watching Jacob cover up his delicious body. I didn't understand how he was so in shape.

"You have a gym at the office, don't you?" I asked.

He stopped buttoning up his navy shirt and flickered his stormy gaze at me, "Excuse me?"

My question confused him, I could understand since it more or less came out of nowhere. He didn't expect that question, maybe he didn't expect me to watch him so carefully at all. The darkened look in his eyes told me otherwise though. That man was definitely aware I was watching him and since he was a smug jerk he enjoyed the attention.

If only I could look away...

"Never mind." I trailed off, feeling a bit embarrassed about my question.

He continued the task at hand, "We do have a gym at the office."

So he did hear my question, but he refused to answer it. He knew me better than that. I wouldn't give up, that wasn't in my nature.

"So do you use it frequently?"

He smirked, tucking his shirt in his nice black slacks, "I do."

I bit my lip as I trailed my eyes over him from head to toe once more, "You look delicious."

He burst out in laughter, his entire body shaking with how hard he was laughing. It wasn't a joke though. That compliment slipped out even though I wanted to keep it to myself.

"Damn it, babe." The firm tone did delicious things to my body, "I'm trying to be a gentleman this morning. Don't ruin my plans by being cute." He warned me.

Once he was in his CEO uniform he brushed his hands over his jacket to straighten it and then stepped to me with confident steps. I inhaled sharply when he stood before me within a second. He brushed his fingers through my hair, his eyes flickering to my lips. He leaned in, I tilted my head back to meet him halfway. He was being a freaking tease though and kissed the corner of my mouth instead. A chuckle leaving his lips when I whined quietly about his teasing ways.

"So cute." He whispered in my ear.

I was completely dazed that it didn't occur to me the man before me was seducing me only to steal my coffee. He grabbed my cup and walked off, humming cheerfully since he accomplished his mission.

Such a jerk.

Rolling my eyes I stepped to the door, opened it and called loudly, "You're not sleeping in my bed tonight, you coffee thief!" I then closed the door and walked into the bathroom to get ready for my day as well.

When I emerged from the bathroom, a full makeup face on and smelling like roses I noticed the cup of coffee awaiting me on my bedside table. I grabbed the note before the cup and read it.

Dinner tonight?
I'll pick you up around seven.

Jacob

I remembered the days where we'd sign off emails with our last names. He wasn't actually asking me out to dinner, he was telling me we were having dinner out. It was so like the man. Maybe it was an attempt for him not to sleep in the guest room. Either way, I did like it. We hadn't gone out together after the scandal. We were still cautious because the news didn't die down completely. People were still speculating, still hoping Jacob would fuck up. They were also getting angry at each other for being supportive of us as a couple and being hurtful to us as a couple. Everyone had an opinion about it and they let them known in not so kind words. Jacob and I ignored the comments after his public statement. We just focused on posting our happy moments even if it looked like we were trying to cover it up.