Epilogue

Two months after the honeymoon I found myself awake earlier than my husband. That rarely happened. Jacob enjoyed waking up at the crack of dawn and annoying the hell out of me by waking me up with nudges and gentle shoves. Always laughing at me when I faced him as zombie Nina.

He was just having a fun time before heading into work.

When he was waking me up I didn't like it but by the end of the day I could understand why he needed that little moment. Starting his day off on a positive note. It would surely help to get through a tiring and very long day.

He did come home sooner than he normally would though. I didn't want to brag about it but it might be because he enjoyed my company. It worked out pretty well because I also enjoyed his company quite a bit.

My heart raced when Jacob shifted, I held my breath not wanting my husband to open his eyes just yet. I had something to do which I wanted to do in privacy. Quietly tiptoeing into the bathroom I closed and locked the door behind me.

Even if Jacob woke up I'd still have my privacy.

Opening the cabinet beneath the sink I looked through my box filled with tampons and pads. I hid the pregnancy test there so Jacob wouldn't get his hopes up like last time. It did hurt seeing the disappointment on his face while I was celebrating the fact I wasn't pregnant yet.

This time was different. I wanted it too.

If it was another negative at least I could spare him the disappointment. We'd get our little bundle of joy eventually. We just needed to be patient which proved to be difficult for Jacob since he was such an impatient man.

I definitely had to do this on my own.

Taking the test I let it rest on the counter while getting ready for my morning. I brushed my teeth and took a shower, wrapping my body up in a fluffy white towel. Pulling my hair up in a messy bun I peeked a glance at the digital display of my pregnancy test.

My throat tightened up, I could hardly swallow as I stared at the result. It took me a minute or two to realize that our lives would completely change from now on. When I got over that little moment I grin spread across my face.

This would blow Jacob's mind.

Grabbing the test I burst through the bathroom door, the loud noise waking my rousing husband. He groaned, throwing his arm over his eyes to block out the light.

"God, Nina can you be any louder?" He asked.

I could, but I knew he was being sarcastic. I didn't bother to answer him. Instead I jumped on the bed and crawled on top of him, straddling him while holding the test up in front of his still covered face. He made a displeased noise, I ignored it though.

Letting his arm drop his eyes took me in, flickering from my face to my towel wrapped body to the pregnancy test in my hand. He grabbed my wrist and pulled it closer, narrowing his eyes on the result. My grin widened, hurting my jaw but I couldn't stop.

His happiness made me all soft, wanting to hug him and never let go to enjoy this moment forever. When his eyes flickered to mine my towel gave up and fall apart right in front of him. Jacob chuckled, his hands grabbing onto my hips as he tossed me beside him on the bed. I bounced, trying to find my bearings as my husband hovered on top of me.

"You sure aim to please, sweetheart."

I glared at him, "I didn't plan for that to happen."

His hands travelled all over my body, caressing me. He handled me as if I was made out of glass. He grabbed the pregnancy test which I had dropped on his side of the bed, he tossed it on his bedside table.

"Naked and ready for me to take, I'm so blessed."

"This was not my plan." I reminded him once more, "All I wanted to do was surprise you."

He smirked, "And surprise me you did, but I like it." His eyes trailed down to my breasts, my chest heaving up and down fast because of all the sudden movements due to my husband teasing ways.

"I just took a shower, I'm not doing this." I warned him.

His eyes flickered back up, meeting mine, "Fine, but only because your other surprise was just as good." He rolled off me and looked at the positive test again. The soft smile on his face making me regret my decision.

I sat up and covered my body up with the fluffy towel again, "I love you."

He looked at me, stepping closer to the bed. I held my breath again when he pressed his big hand against my flat stomach, "I love you and this peanut."

I knew he did, he wanted this for a very long time and he finally got his wish. Seeing how happy he was made me overflow with emotions. Our lives would completely change but I was ready for it knowing Jacob would be there every step of the way.

Teaser

Narrowing my eyes on the picture Nina sent me I finally realized what I was looking at. Jacob definitely wasted no time knocking up my sister. He was rushing into things without thinking about the consequences.

It's what got him into the whole mess with his gold digger of an assistant.

Nina was happy together with that man though so I needed to congratulate her and let her know I was happy for her. I was happy for her, I just thought it was pretty soon for them to start a family already. They got married like five minutes ago.

Texting her to let her know I was happy for her, I pocketed my phone and stared at the display in front of me. It was a little over two in the afternoon, I went to the store during my lunchbreak to buy a new game Owen recommended to me.

Owen and I had pretty similar taste so I was sure I'd enjoy it too.

Reaching for the game I had my eyes on, I blinked when a dainty hand picked it up before me. Trailing my eyes to the woman who that hand belonged to I narrowed my eyes on her.

She was a few inches shorter than me, reaching below my chin yet somehow her presence was a lot more intimidating. It might be because of the cheeky look on her pixie looking face. Her long hair was a pastel pink colour, reaching below her shoulders and curled at the end.

The same way Nina would curl her hair whenever she'd go on a date with that guy or go to a social gathering. Her face was made up, a lot more than it was necessary for someone shopping during the day.

But I couldn't judge, to each their own. I could judge her for her rude behaviour though. Clearly I was here first so that game was mine.

"Excuse me, I was here first, lady."

Her eyes took me in, I felt uncomfortable seeing the pleased smile spreading across her face. Clearing my throat I made her focus on me again and not whatever fantasies she came up with.

"That might be true, fancy boy, but I was faster than you which gives me the right to buy this game." She grinned at me, "Better luck next time." She turned on her heels and walked away without a care in the world.

Fancy boy?

Sure I wore high-end suits and expansive coats to work and yeah, my shoes were designer too but that didn't give her the right to judge my character like that. I respected her enough not to call her knock-off Tinkerbell.

Following after her fuelled by my anger, I reached for the game she was holding up like a prize and took it. It was the first rude thing I had done in a very long time. She deserved it though.

She stared at me in disbelieve.

"Better luck next time, Tinkerbell." I winked at her.

I made my way to the check-out and bought the game. I could feel her eyes following me but I didn't bother to look at her. The chances of me running into her again would be pretty low so I wouldn't regret a thing.