2.1 | The Deal

Capítulo I- El Trato

     Pandora

     Pandora

     Pandora woke up in the midst of the night. The voice had repeatedly called her name waking her for the sixth night in a row. She narrowed the search for the nagging voices. Her eyes drooped, aimlessly trailing through the forest. 

     The grass rustled at each step she took, pushing the leaves out of her way following two different voices; one of them much familiar than the other. They tugged at the back of her mind, trying to pick up the faint voice.

     "Pandora, it's been a while."

     She stopped in her tracks, "Of course it's you." Anger stirred in her at the presence of her father. Pitch stood in front of her with his hands placed behind his back.

     "It's just me, it's an old friend of mine too."

     "Old friend?"

     "The Man in the Moon," he pointed at the night sky. Her hand hovered above her eyes, glancing at the illuminating moon. "But that's not why I'm here. You need my help."

     Pandora laughed, "Your help? With what?"

     "Don't play pretend. I've seen you around losing control of your magic and temper. In fact, you're starting to lose it now," his gaze shifted to Pandora's clenched fist, it sprinkled sand to the ground. She unclenched her fist and tucked them into the pockets of her jacket.

     "Why would I let you help me after what you did?"

     "It's simple really. You can't control your powers, you will hurt someone unintentionally. It could be one of your friends or Ben or an innocent bystander. Then what will Auradon say? 'She's too dangerous and we must send her back.'"

     "I could do it myself. I don't need your help." She spun on her heel and started walking back to her dorm. The smirk on Pitch's face was replaced by a frown. He formed into a shadow and emerged to block Pandora from leaving.

     "What about Ben? Auradon will turn their back against him if they don't lock you up for not being in control. Maybe he'd lock you away for the demons you hold."

     Pandora scoffed, "You always take the manipulation route. Why would you help me after what I did 2 months ago? I betrayed you." She furrowed her eyebrows, "There's something you want in return."

     Pitch raised his hands in surrender, sighing in false defeat, "Fine, you caught me. If I help you, you need to help me spread nightmares."

     She dryly laughed, "That doesn't make sense. You're trying to manipulate me, telling me Ben won't love me because of 'my demons' yet you want me to help you spread nightmares."

     "I won't tell anyone it's you. I'm your only choice, Pandora. I was the one who taught you everything you know. Without me, you wouldn't have lasted with the nightmares controlling you. I know you're magic is stronger out here and you can't control it."

     "Yes, I can."

     "Are you sure? One small slip up and you could be sent back to the isle with no one, just yourself. Alone in a manor. No friends, no lover, and no family. Is that what you want, Pandora? To be alone, locked up on an island forever?"

     Pandora's jaw clenched, glaring at Pitch. Tears stung her eyes, she bit her lip refraining them from slipping out. Using her fear against her was nothing new and it always worked. Pandora's voice cracked as she said, "Deal."