2.4 | Impulsive Decisions

Capítulo IV- Decisiones Impulsivas

     Pandora always knew when her father was watching over her. She picked it up in the few months she was helping him and of course, with the assistance of Lilith she could smell him out. Pitched watched over the events that played between her and Ben.

      Pandora emerged from her shadow form and called out her father's name, "I know you hear me!" He didn't respond, the only thing she heard was the leaves and grass rustle from the small breeze. "Fine, you don't wanna show yourself? I quit, I don't want to help you anymore!"

     A moment of silence was reached.

     "Just for a little fight, Pandora? You need me, remember? Without me, you wouldn't have gone this far." His voice echoed the forest as multiple shadow figures of himself were displayed on the trees.

     "Yes. I am tired of all of this!" her fist clenched and her nails dug into her soft palms, leaving crescents. "But you were right, Ben doesn't understand. I tried to tell him." Pandora backed up and slid down a tree to the ground. 

     Pitch shifted in front of Pandora and kneeled to her level, "I knew this would happen. They'll never understand who you are, Pandora, but I do," a sheer of empathy coated in his eyes. Pandora glanced up trying to speak, instead, she broke down. "I know what it's like to be misunderstood. Now together we could-"

     "No," she sniffled, "I know what you're doing and I'm not going to let you manipulate me again." 

     As quick as his façade came, it was gone. "Pan-"

     "Stop," she shot up from her spot. "You never cared about me, all you wanted was my power. The only person who cared about me was my mother and you took her away!"

     "Because you didn't listen. I made it quite obvious at the coronation."

     Pandora clasped her hands together and huffed. She licked her lips, tasting the salty tears, "I know, I didn't listen." She turned around yelling, "Good luck finding someone else! I'm done doing your bidding!"

     "Fine, do what you'd like but when you need me, don't think I'll be there for you."

     "Believe me, I won't."

     With a devilish smirk on his face, Pitch said his last words, "I've seen you giving those children nightmares. Don't forget, Pandora, you enjoyed it." She continued stomping out of the woods, dismissing her father's statement.

" She continued stomping out of the woods, dismissing her father's statement