3.4 | White Lies

Capítulo IV- Mentiras Blancas

     Hades's near escape from the Isle of the Lost put all of Auradon in fright. They already were in enough panic with Pitch and Uma on the loose. After yesterday's incident, Adam called Ben and Pandora to an office inside Adam and Belle's castle. They sat on the soft cushioned chairs in the room, waiting for Adam to begin speaking.

     Adam took off his glasses beforehand. "I think we all know why we're here. The people are in panic about Hades. He almost got out."

     "Who knows what he would've done if he escaped?" Fairy Godmother added.

     "We can't risk having another villain on the loose," Beast spoke. "Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger. Maleficent, Pitch, Uma, Hades-"

     Ben's phone rang, he excused himself and walked away. Pandora set her elbow on the armchair, leaning her head against her palm, deep in thought. She bounced her knee, averting her gaze from Adam to the flower pot across the room, decored with many flowers. Pandora bet that if Emily Jane was there she could have identified which kind they were.

     Ben turned to the group. his eyes downcast, avoiding any eye contact, "Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown has been stolen."

     Fairy Godmother let out a gasp and Pandora tensed. Beast pointed his glasses forwards and said one word, "Uma."

     "We don't know that, dad."

     Belle's face paled, "When the people hear about this, they'll never want to leave their houses. What do we tell them?" 

     Pandora let her hand down and met their eyes, "With all due to respect, but it could have been anyone. The VK's and I were able to get in the museum with magic." Adam, Belle, and Fairy Godmother's eyes widened at the new news. 

     "Pandora, I never told them about that," Ben whispered.

     Pandora's mouth went wide, "Oh, you guys didn't know about that. Cool, cool, cool, cool." 

     Belle glimpsed at the people around the room. Her eyes settled on Pandora. "Pandora? How do we keep evil from Auradon?" Belle asked her. Pandora paused, running a hand through her freshly washed hair, she asked Dizzy to do after yesterday's events to distract her.

     Pandora processed the question Belle had asked her again. Of course, she thought. Everyone in the room knew the answer to her question but Belle, Beast, and Fairy Godmother were too afraid to say. It was the most obvious answer and Pandora did her best not to roll her eyes.

     Pandora rose from her spot. "Maybe we could close the barrier."

     Ben shook his head and stalked off. "No," he disagreed. After going to the isle for the first time, he witnessed what it was like being trapped in such a place forever. Now that he is king, Ben could take those kids who didn't have a choice but to survive and bring them to Auradon for a better life.