2.2 | Nightmares

Capítulo II- Pesadillas

     The cotillion was around the corner and Pandora didn't know how to act. She couldn't stand the pressure of being presented as New Lady of the Court, Jane's questions about the décor, the dress fittings, her schoolwork, and mobs of paparazzi chasing after her every second of the day.

     And not to mention the fact she and Pitch have been helping each other for the past four months. Night after night terrorizing the children of Auradon raising suspicion of the Nightmare King. The weight on her shoulders was beginning to knock her down.

     Pandora was blinded by the flashes of cameras as her gaze shifted from left to right at the mention of her name. Yells from the paparazzi tried to capture her attention, bombarded by questions she couldn't answer at once.  Her hands trembled fighting against the black sand yearning to blast out.

     From afar, Ben discerned Pandora's state manoeuvring his way through the crowd. He found his place next to her simply taking his hand in hers to ease her nerves.

     "Did you ever think, you would be with the Nightmare King's daughter?" one of the reporters asked, shoving her mic to Ben's face.

     Pandora was taken back by the question. Her grip on Ben's hands softened and her face dropped. Ben awkwardly chuckled, "We're done here." Fairy Godmother came in shooing the press away. He turned to Pandora, "Don't listen to them."

     "When was the last time I listened to anyone?" she scoffed.

     "Maybe now. We should go somewhere, get away from all this."

     "Sounds like a plan. When?"

     Ben glimpsed at his golden wristwatch and grimaced, "Oh, I have a council meeting. I'm so late. Maybe we'll do it some other time?"

     She smiled at him, "It's all right. I have to go to Evie's right now." Pandora noticed Evie at the corner of her eye, "Speak of the devil."

     "If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe," Evie pulled Pandora's wrist, causing Pandora to trip.

     "Evie!" She sent Ben a sorry glance, "I'll see you later Ben," Pandora said her last words as she was snatched away from Ben's hold.