Chapter Six

It was a week after Christmas and Caroline was still playing with her new toys some nights it took me an jour to get her to put down her Princess dolls and take off her Elsa Dress up clothes and wing to but her to bed and tonight wasn't any different.

"Alright stinker its time for bed." I say walking in to her room with her new stuff animals everywhere. She had on her Cinderella dress and gloves and her plastic princess tea party set on her Frozen table. I admit I did spoil her but I couldn't help it.

"Mommy 5 more minutes!!! Mr.bear didn't get his tea!!!!!" She used her pouty lip and puppy dog eyes and I couldn't say no.

"You have until I have the room cleaned up and your toys put away got it Missy!" I say playfully.

"Okays!!!! Hurwy Mr. Bear!!!! Mommy is da fasterest cweaner!!" I hear her say as I pick up her Malibu Barbie and ken dolls. I put them I'm her Barbie toy bin and also put away her barbie dream house. I pick up her dress up dresses folding them putting them away. I pick up her clothes from earlier before her bath and put them in her hamper. When I'm finished I turn around and see her putting her animals except Mr. Bear away.

"Honey you forgot Mr. Bear." I say picking him up.

"Silwy Mommy I sweep wiff tonights." She giggled. She tried to fold her dress but failed... Badly.... When she hands it to me I refold it putting it away. I set her in her bed and set Mr. Bear next to hertuckimg her in. I turn on her Olaf Night light.

"Goodnight princess."

"Mommy will yous sings for me" she asked sweetly.

"Sure what song" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Wet it go!!!! But likes you sings it fors my nap." I knew what she ment I sang it slower and softer while stroking her hair.

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight. Not a foot print to be seen. A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the queen the wind is howling like this swirling storm inside. Couldn't keep it in heaven knows I tried. Don't let them in don't let them see be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel don't let them know well now they know let it go let it go can't hold it back anymore let it go let it go turn away and slam the door." Before I could go on she had already fallen asleep. I kiss her forehead leaving her room. When I get to my room I see my phone lit up I smile to myself. Its a text message from Chris. He was dying to meet Caroline he's been out of town to visit family for the holidays.

"Hey how are you and Caroline doing?".

"Good it didn't take long to get her to bed tonight."

"Well maybe if you didn't spoil her so much.."

"If saw her cute little eyes and smile you wouldn't say no either... But no she's a good little girl."

"Good. Hey! I'm on my way home! I should be there in the morning."

"When does your flight land? Caroline and I will meet you at the airport."

"Bout 11"

"Okay I'll see you then Goodnight."

"Night."

The next morning I woke up Caroline gave her a bath dressed her and while I was braiding her hair she asked a question I didn't know how to answer.

"Mommy do I has a daddy?" She asked sweetly.

"Uh...no not yet but mommy is gonna try find you a really good daddy okay?" I say.

"Okay but mommy if you no find one dat okay I stiwl wove you" she said hugging me I hug her and kiss her head.

"Say you wanna go bye bye." I asked putting her coat hat gloves and scarf on her. "Go get your boots."

"Where we going mommy?" She asked handing me her boots.

"We gotta go see mommy's friend." She nodded after I had my coat and stuff on I held her hand to the car. When we got to the airport I carried her knowing it would be busy and press would be there.

When I spotted Chris he quickly walked over.

"Hey Rish." He said.

"Hey.... Oh Chris this is Caroline... Caroline can you say hi to Chris."

"Hi crwis" she said waving with her mittened hand.

"Hi Caroline" he said grabbing her hand.

We went back to my house and I helped Caroline out when I set her down I turn to lock the doors when I felt something cold on my leg I turned around to see Caroline laughing.

"I gets you mommy!!" I laughed and threw a little snow at her. She squealed running around the yard. She picked up more snow but Chris kneeled in front of her and leaned to whisper in his ear next thing I know he's doing a funny dance and Caroline's

Laughing with snow free hands.

After and hour we finally get inside. I go to Caroline's room and get her some new dry clothes and she them on her bed.

"Alright princess go change I set you outfit on your bed bring mommy your wet clothes okay."

"YES MOMMY" she said running down the hallway.

"She's adorable and sneaky I can't believe she put snow down my shirt..." Chris said.

" I'm running off on her." I tease. "She asked me a hard question today I honestly didn't know how to answer.

"What was it." He asked gently

"If she had a daddy." I saw looking down. I felt him rub my shoulders. Since his divorce a year ago we been in a relationship but we were taking it slow.

"Rish you know I'm not going anywhere so whenever you want or if its okay with you I would be honored to be her dad." That's what I lobe about him he's so kind.

"Yeah but I wanna see where this goes before I tell her I just want what's best for my baby." I say looking at him. He smiles and gives me a quick kiss.

"I love you" he whispers for the first time

"I love you too" I whisper smiling.