Part 11: Protecting

After finding out my mom was apart of the Wayne family I started to do research them and their history. A few hours of research led me to know that Bruce Wayne has four sons, Richard Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake who were adopted sons and Damian Wayne who is his blood son. Richard Grayson is married to Koriand'r and has a daughter named Mar'i. The other three are not in any relationship. I also found out where my grandparent's graves are. So I decided to go visit my grandparent's graves.

I put on a black shirt, plants, and cloak. I also decided to wear my the necklace my mother left me, Plagg's ring and headed out.

"Aunt Penny, Uncle Jagged, I'm going out for a bit, I'll be back home in a few hours," I say.

"Rock and Roll kiddo just make sure you stay safe and return before night falls," Jagged says.

"I will Uncle," I say and with that, I'm out the door.

While walking on the streets, I see all of the architecture and gargoyles. Even though Gotham is the opposite of Paris I feel that I belong here. I see all the people on the streets being very cautious of the people around them. Once I reach near my grandparent's grave I head over and stand near them.

"Grandma, Grandpa, I know I never got to meet you but I hear that you were great people. You made a legacy that will never be forgotten. I wish I could have gotten to know you but I will always remember who you were and what you did to help Gotham. You have inspired me and always will. It is an honor to be one of you and I hope that you accept me," I say. 

Once I have said what I meant to say to them I start heading out. I look around me to see no one around and start walking home when a little girl stumbles to me. Before she can fall I catch her.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"No, I'm running from those bad people," she replies.

"What bad people?" I ask.

I look to see Riddler and his goons nearing us.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Mar'i," she answers.

"Okay  Mar'i where are your parents?" I ask.

"They left me with a babysitter but then she ran away when those bad people showed up," she explains.

"Mar'i is it okay if I pick you up so we can escape those bad people," I ask.

"O-okay," she says.

So I pick up Mar'i and start running with her. I still have my hood on so no one can see my face. I look behind to see Riddler and eight goons nearing us. I see Wayne Enterprises ahead of me and dash for it. Before I could enter it Riddler and his goons circled us.

"Give me the girl," Riddler says.

"No," I say.

"Give me the girl and you'll be safe," Riddler says.

"You're not getting the girl," I state.

I put Mar'i down and whisper to her, "I am going to distract these bad people when I do I want you to run into that building," I say and she nods.

"For the last time give me the girl," Riddler says.

"When will you learn, my answer will always be no," I say and punch his goon that's preventing Mar'i from entering Wayne Enterprises across the throat and knocks him out. Mar'i starts sprinting to the building and enters it safely.

"You will pay for that," Riddler says.

"Will I?" I say and start fighting him and his other goons. I sweep their legs from underneath and they all fall.

Two goons approach me and I step out of their way and trip them. I grab one of them and punch them out across the throat and they knock out cold. Two down that means six more goons and Riddler. Two goons grab my arms but I use them and kick two other goons down and free myself and knock them out.

When I do Robin and Red Hood land and take down the other four goons and Riddler. I leave the area and head over to the building to see Mar'i standing beside a table and start to leave,

"Wait!" Mar'i yells.

"Mar'i I see that your safe," I say.

"Thank you," she says.

"I did what anyone would have Mar'i no need to thank me," I say.

"Where are your parents?" I ask.

"They are coming,"  she says.

"You should tell your parents to get better babysitters," I say.

"I will, thank you so much for helping us miss," Mar'i says

"Maribelle," I say and start leaving.

"Wait," Mar'i says and grabs my cloak.

"What is it Mar'i?" I ask.

"Will I see you again?" she asks.

"Maybe," and with that, I start heading home.

I know that Robin is following me so I turn into an alleyway and start using them to hide and cover me. I see him looking around the alley for me but I use Plagg's energy to hide me and he leaves. I wait for ten minutes before heading back. Once I get home I head to bed.

Bruce's Point of View:

"Mar'i are you okay?" I ask.

"Grandpa, Maribelle saved me from the bad people," Mar'i answers.

"Who?" I ask.

"The lady who was protecting me from the bad men," Mar'i says.

"Really that's nice," I say.

"Also grandpa you need to fire the babysitter," Mar'i states.

"Why is that now?" I ask.

"The babysitter left me with the bad people," Mar'i explains.

"Okay, I will," I say getting mad at the babysitter.

At the Batcave:

"Why is Mar'i saying that a lady was protecting her from Riddler?" I ask.

"TT, when we got at the scene we saw Riddler circling Mar'i and a lady. We couldn't do anything since Mar'i was there so we were observing what was going down," Damian says.

"Pixi was badass, she refused to give Mar'i to Riddler and told Mar'i to head to the building while she took down fours goons," Jason says.

"Really now, Red Robin bring up the footage of this," I say.

Red Robin pulls up the footage and it starts playing. The lady isn't visible in any camera since she is wearing a cloak but she does have skill. I look closely at her and see my mother's necklace.

"Tim zoom in on her necklace," I state.

It is my mother's necklace but why does she have it? I think.

"TT, why are you inspecting her jewelry?" Damian says.

"Master Bruce isn't that your mother's necklace?" Alfred asks.

"Yes it is, Tim can you find anything on the Maribelle," I say.

"There are many Maribelle's anyone could have the necklace," Tim says.

"Damian do you know where she lives?" I ask.

"TT, she was able to use the alleyways and got out of my sight," Damian says.

"We will find her," I say.