Treinta y uno

Written: April 20th 2020
Published: July 5th 2020

"I'm okay, don't worry about me,
you don't have to mind about me.
I am used to be alone
I am okay"
-B.I, iKON
I'm okay

"S-Seungmin I can't... i-" Changbin whispered almost inaudible. But Seungmin could hear him.

"Changbin it's alright. Calm down. I know you can do it. I am right here with you. We will do it together okay?" Seungmin softly said. His feet  were already completly inside the ice cold water.

"But I... i can't... I am scared" tears slowly started to roll down.

"Nothing will happen to you. I am here Changbin" Seungmin calmly said.

Changbin still hesitated.

"Changbin i know you can do it. I believe in you. You are stronger than your fear" Seungmin said.

Changbin took a deep breath and wiped away his tears. He stood up and looked at Seungmin.

Seungmin smiled at him and nodded.

Changbin stared at the water before he jumped right into it.

He opened his eyes underwater and immediately pictures of the storm and how Jiae struggled to stay at the surface floated back to his mind. 

Changbin's heartbeat increased and he started to panic. He kicked his legs around and tried to swim to the surface but somehow his body didn't let him.

"CHANGBIN" Seungmin yelled when he saw how he struggled underwater.

The water slowed Changbin's movement down and it felt like he sank deeper and deeper.

He tried to scream for help but with that his lungs filled up with water. His whole body started to shake from the coughing.

Seungmin tried to get out of the chains when he saw that Changbin was about to drown but the chain just let him drop faster.

He was now completly inside the ice cold water and only his head sticked out. The chain stopped moving and he stayed in that position.

It was unbelievably cold and by not being able to move made it even more unbearable.

"CHANGBIN" Seungmin desperately called him again but he was still fighting under water.

Hyunjin had now stopped vomitting since there was simply nothing left in his stomach that he could spit out.

He was just staring at Kkami now with his tears still running down his cheeks.

Negative thoughts started to crawl into his head.

I won't be able to get out of here. Because there is no way I am gonna eat...
So they will probably kill me.
And even if  don't die and the others come and save me, if I really survive somehow, then what's the reason to live on?
What makes me stay?
I mean no one stayed with me as well, right? Everyone left me.
Mom, Jeongin and now Kkami.
Why can't I leave too?

The longer he sat there, the more toxic his thoughts got.

He slowly put his thumb into the crimson red blood of Kkami and started to write with it on the table.

Weak

Pathetic

Ugly