Cuarenta y siete

Written: July 20th 2020
Published: August 30th 2020

"No matter what night devours me
I won't give up i will fight for you
We'll shine"
-J-hope, BTS
Louder than bombs

The smile of a maniac was formed with Brian's blood covered lips. 

He slowly dragged his deformed body towards the group to kill and torture one after one. 

No one moved away. No one said anything. 
It would be useless anyways. They wouldn't win against him.

And they had already lost. They lost Jeongin and probably Hyunjin. 

Yuna looked up to the sky once again. It was painted in dark blue, almost black colours. It perfectly fitted the moment.

The whole situation seemed to be hopeless.

But then she remembered something. 

It's the darkest of all before the dawn. 

No matter how dark the sky seems to be at night, on the next day the sun rises up again behind the horizon and paints the once dark sky with bright shining colours again. There will always be a tomorrow brought by the sun and wrapped in warmth. 

Her eyes wandered around. Everyone looked defeated and devastated. 

But this couldn't be the end. Inside of Yuna there was still hope. It wasn't over yet. 

Because darkness needs light to exist.
And there was light.

"Hurt them in any way and I will kill you," a voice said and stopped Brian from getting closer to them.

As soon as she heard and recognized the familiar voice, happiness filled Yuna's mind. The light really came again. 

Her eyes wandered around to find him but he was nowhere to be seen.

Everyone else of the group who recognized his voice tried to find him in the dark as well but no one was able to find his location.

"Who is there?" Brian asked and looked around too. Unlike the others, Brian couldn't identify the voice. 

"Get away from them," the voice commanded.

Brian just laughed and stepped closer to the group.

"I said get the fuck away from them you bastard!" The voice growled angrily. 

"Oh now I am so scared," Brian laughed, "you can't even show yourself, coward."

Suddenly Yuna saw something moving in the corner of her eye. She squeezed her eyes and saw the familiar silhouette standing in the darkness. 

"Ahhh it's you," Brian smirked when he recognized him, "I am surprised you're still alive. Congratulations but tell me... why should I listen to you?" 

"Because it would make killing you faster," the voice said and he stepped closer, directly into the bright moonlight. 

Suddenly all the happiness and hope that had filled Yuna's mind disappeared. 

The sight in front of her made her want to scream. She wanted to scream everything out. The sadness, the anger, and the despair. But nothing came out of her mouth. Instead tears filled her eyes and streamed slowly down her face. 

"No..." Changbin said when he realised what he was seeing. 

All the others felt the same. They were just as shocked and speechless as Yuna.

"Hyun...jin..." Yuna whispered. 

"I am sorry," Hyunjin said and looked at his group of friends with an apologetic smile. 

It was Hyunjin who was hiding in the dark and now spoke up against Brian. It was his voice that gave Yuna new hope. 

But it was Hyunjin's completely black eyes and open wound, created by a bullet in the middle of his forehead, that was so shocking to everyone.

Hyunjin had turned into a Chronosaurus. 

* Flashback *

After Hyunjin left Jeongin, he had already made up his plan. 

He headed towards Chan's office. The only place that wasn't monitored by the safety cameras from Jeongin.

With that no one knew where Hyunjin was.

He then went to one of the cupboards in the office and took a bomb. He set the timer on thirty-one minutes.

He then took out the gun Minho handed him earlier. He looked at it.

It was such a small object, yet so powerful. One finger movement and someone could end it immediately. 

He knew he wouldn't find happiness even if he survived everything. 

He had already lost too much. 

That's why he grabbed the syringe with the DISTRICT X substance he took away from Mark.

It was the only way to win against Brian. To be like him and maybe even stronger. 

He closed his eyes and shortly thought about every happy moment in his life. And then smiled when he realized that he could at least save the others with that. 

He rammed the syringe into his arm and then immediately grabbed the gun.

The bullet went straight through his skull in the same moment when the substance started to spread in his body.

811 words

Special thanks to Leo_The_Lioness for editing and correcting my mistakes!☀️
Go check out her books and send some love and support🤍🤍🤍