Prolouge

Darkness. It was pitch black. Her eyes tried adjust to the darkness. She could hear metal scraping against metal and a loud annoying alarm. She stumbled forward and caught herself on a barrel when the box started moving up. There were barrels, cages, and crates with the same word on it. On the front of each item, the word W.I.C.K.E.D. was printed.

Marie. My name is Marie, she thought.

She couldn't remember how she got there nor could she remember anybody she knew other than herself. A picture with no name. She remembered the world and how it functioned, but any interaction with another living thing was forgotten.

She felt as if the box was moving forever as it traveled into the unknown. Suddenly, the box moved faster, the alarm grew louder, and Marie was forced down to the ground as the box accelerated. Finally, the box stopped.

The doors opened from above and a bright light illuminated the dark box. Putting her arm over her eyes, Marie blinked rapidly to get used to the bright light.  When her eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness, she used the barrels to climb out of the damn box.

Looking around, Marie saw huge stone walls with an opening in the middle. Grass and trees were scattered throughout the area that made everything seem peaceful, but in reality it wasn't.

Marie was alone.