𝐈𝐕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟

"We are always going to be petty thieves

"We are always going to be petty thieves. No matter what." -Athens

꧁_________꧂

How could I have not seen it? How did I not notice? That out of all people Monica had stolen a phone under my nose. I wasn't there when it actually happened, I didn't see her sneak it into her panties but she had stolen neither the less. And I wasn't there to stop her because I was to busy talking to Berlin. Finally, it wasn't only Tokyo's and Rio's romance that had messed something up.

It was Saturday, 12:30 in the evening, we hadn't even handed out lunch yet and someone had already managed to mess something up for us and it wasn't a stupid person like Arturo it was Monica. Fucking Monica Gaztambide. What a feminist move.

2 shots rang out from the bathroom as the hostages screamed loudly. 2 shots, she had to be dead. At first, I thought someone was angry, like yesterday with Tokyo when she shot the cameras because Helsinki beat up Rio, but there wasn't anything going wrong, everything was fine and then boom. Someone who had a beating heart a minute ago seized to exist. Gone.

We were 26 hours into the heist and had just gotten past the first full day circle and someone had already broken the number one rule, don't spill any blood. Was it that arduous? Did people struggle with not killing someone? How could you just kill an innocent woman when you knew she was also pregnant? How?

"Calm down, It's okay," I said cuddling the women around me close. Oslo had sped out the room to see what had happened so now it was up to me to rest their imaginative minds. "We all heard the scream, they killed someone" an old lady wailed, as she crawled into a ball and started rocking herself back and forth.

"Maybe they were just scaring someone, like when they did with Mr Roman?" I reassured as she sniffed a nod towards me.

She was dead, she had to be, nobody heard the thud but I had. What would happen now?

Berlin casually walked into the room pulling Tokyo behind him aggressively. "Miss Carillo, may I borrow you for a second?" he asked as I forged a bewildered grimace to the others.

I was pulled into the control room with Tokyo as I stared around the place. Didn't look half bad, almost like a hangout spot. "Who shot, what happened?" I demanded staring around at the others.

"A hostage had to be killed she had a phone on her," Berlin said smoothly as my stomach dropped. Someone really was dead.

"You killed her! What is wrong with your head, you could have frightened her, threatened her, maybe even shoot her in the arm or leg but Berlin you killed her" I laughed sarcastically slumping down on the table. So much for a tidy non-violent heist.

"I didn't kill Monica, Denver did," Berlin said sipping on an espresso. Now was really the right time for a coffee and chill date.

"The professor said no spilt blood, it was the golden rule we weren't supposed to cross" Rio explained as I held my head in my hands.