𝐕𝐈 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

"disciplining a very naughty little princess" -Berlin

"Shut up everyone, Here are the car keys," the professor said dangling them in front of Nairobi's face."Rio and Nairobi get dressed to go to the museum, you have to leave soon"

"Wait, you're sending me to the city? Send me with a real man, not a schoolboy," Nairobi whined, apologetically yet playfully wincing at Rio.

"Nairobi shut up you're lucky you get to leave, I'm stuck with these lot" I laughed as she slapped my back playfully.

"Come on send me with Helsinki at least?" 

"Helsinki prefers to play with the XY chromosomes Nairobi" I giggled.

"Helsinki your gay" she screamed running up to hug him. I had thought it was obvious. "I've never had a gay friend, this is amazing!"

"Hey professor," I said throwing a scrunched-up ball of paper at his face. "Wasn't the love birds supposed to go?"

he ignored my question turning to Rio and explaining what he would have to do. "Check the angles, and lenses of the security cameras and compare them to my sketches from my past trips," As he sent them both off to change, I stared down at the floor drumming my fingers on the table. 

"Wasn't I supposed to go with Rio?" Tokyo asked, breaking the silence.

He turned away saying "I changed my mind"

Something was wrong...

"Why? There's no reason for me to not go," she said.

"It's nothing, I just changed my mind" he shrugged snapping his book down on the desk.

"Stop with the bullshit professor there's something wrong, just tell her for god's sake, she'll find out sooner or later," I interjected, rolling my eyes.

"Did I do something, Have I caused a problem, what did I do?" she questioned.

"It's your mother" he sighed as I felt my stomach drop.

"How?" she whispered as the tears brimmed up in her eyes.

"From a heart attack, I'm so sorry Tokyo"

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and rubbed her back supportively.

"Yesterday night," he said, "I didn't want you to to the museum in case you tried to find her and say your last goodbye" he whispered.

"I'll stay with Tokyo, Athens can go," Nairobi said affirmatively. I've never been good with emotions and consolation, everything I've ever done is an act. 

She shook off my arms staring glassy-eyed at the professor "I have no reason to say goodbye, the woman tried to sell me out to the police, and from that day on she wasn't my mother" she muttered snatching the keys off the table and walking out the room.