"At least he's happy..." (ShinKami)

~ShinKami~ ~Soulmate AU + Angst~

Shinso'S POV

I think it was in elementary school when we were taught about soulmates. The one person we would be with for the rest of our lives. The one person who would bring us happiness. The one person who would always be there when we needed them.

And just when I had the chance, it was stolen away.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I had always wanted to wait until my soulmate came to me first, but I figured my soulmate might be thinking the same thing. So today, I gathered up the courage to go ask my soulmate out. 

Who's my soulmate, you might ask.

Why, the one and only Denki Kaminari, of course.

It was lunch time and I made my way over to where I knew the electric blonde would be. I saw him and got butterflies in my stomach, way more than I already had. The voices in my head kept saying to turn around, but I said no. 

I stood behind a nearby wall for a minute, facing away from Kaminari, taking a few breaths to calm down my anxiety.

I came back out from behind the wall to see Kaminari and Mina Ashido talking to and smiling at each other. I watched them from behind the wall.

Ashido pulled up one of her sleeves and showed Kaminari her arm, smiling. Kaminari pulled up his sleeve a little and smiled wide. I couldn't hear what was going on but they hugged each other. 

My only instinct was to run away.

I ran and ran until I was in one of the many school bathrooms. I couldn't control the waterfall of tears streaming down my face and into the sink I was leaning on. I couldn't believe what I just saw. I didn't want  to believe what I just saw. 

~Flashback~

"Now kids, the one thing I want you to remember about soulmates is that you don't always get matching soulmates." The teacher said. "You may have the name of your soulmate on your wrist, but your soulmate may not have your name, but instead have someone else's. It's a mishap in the system that nobody can fix."

~Flashback end~

I rolled up my sleeve. Denki Kaminari's name was still on my wrist, just a little more faded then it was originally. 

I cried even more. "Why did this have to happen to me?! WHY ME?!?!?!" I yelled between sobs.

I looked back down at my wrist, and the name Denki Kaminari was gone.

"W-Well," I said quietly, "At least he's happy..."

I fell down to the floor of the bathroom and hugged my knees, rolling down my sleeve.

Little did I know, another name came up on my wrist.