Chapter Six (Alex's POV)

"Where are they?" A voice I knew so well echoed through my mind. Thorin. He sounded so worried.

"We've been searching, sir. No sightings yet." A soldier replied in an echoing voice as well. I knew him. It was Korin, son of Lophum.

Thorin growled, "Where have you been searching? How can there be no clues!" There was a bang and I assume he hit a table.

"Thorin, it-it's okay. It's not Korin's fault." It was Kili. Tears pricked my eyes at his shaken voice. "We'll find them." He didn't sound very confident.

I wanted to yell out. Tell them I was here and fine, and so was Fili. But I wasn't there. I wasn't fine. Fili. Kili...Fe! Ke!

"Uncle!" I yelled and sat upright. My side was throbbing and it hurt to breathe.

"Woah, woah. Calm down." A male voice spoke beside me and I jerked away, reaching for a knife. My eyes widened as I couldn't find a weapon.

The boy came into full view. He was scrawny, and was wearing an assortment of fur clothing. "It's alright. We are trying to help you." He put his hands out as he spoke.

"We?" I asked in a raspy voice. That fire had almost been like the dragon fire smoke from Smaug.

"Yes, we." A girl stepped out from behind a tree. She was wearing the same weird animal skin clothing as well. "My name is Astrid."

"I'm Hiccup." The boy said. "Who are you?"

I eyed them nervously. "You're not going to kill me?"

Astrid snorted and sat down. "Why would we save you from a Nightfury attack just to kill you?"

"Nightfury? That's what attacked us?" I asked in a small voice. The probability of my friends, and more importantly my brother, surviving were plummeting.

Hiccup nodded. "It may have actually been my Nightfury friend, Toothless."

Astrid sighed as if she doubted this opinion. "We still don't know your name." She turned to me.

"It's Alex." I said quietly.

"Who are Fili and Kili? And Thorin?" Hiccup's question shocks me.

"How do you know about them?"

Astrid leaned closer to me. "Nonstop in your nightmares you were yelling their names. Others as well, but them most frequently."

I shuddered and felt my eyes flicker. It had been years since they'd done that. "Fili and Kili are my brothers. Thorin is my uncle. I-I..." My voice stuttered out and I gulped. "I think Fili died in that fire." I gasped at saying that and sucked in a breath. Before I could hold it back tears were streaming down my face. I was sobbing.

"Shh, shh. It's alright. We didn't find any bodies. He's still alive." Astrid sat next to me and spoke softly to me. Hiccup stoked the fire quietly as I cried myself out.

A roar came from the skies and I looked up in fear. "That's him. It has to be. I'll be back." Hiccup got up and ran towards the sound.

"Hiccup!" Astrid yelled. She got to her feet and I stumbled up as well. "I swear he is crazy."

I groaned and clutched my burned leg. "What is he doing?" My voice was still raspy and I coughed as my lungs burned.

"To find the Nightfury."

There was a thump and a yell farther in the forest. "Ah ha! I knew I was you!" Hiccup's distant voice was heard. The undergrowth started shuddering and there was pounding as he made his way back.

"Take these." Astrid handed me my bow and quiver. She then passed me my sword and...Fili's silver dagger. I nodded to her and strapped on the weapons.

"I found him!" Hiccup yelled triumphantly as he walked into camp. Following him was a massive black dragon with bright green eyes.

"Wh-wha?" I asked, backing up and pulling out the dagger. The dragons eyes went to slits and it growled, opening its mouth slightly.

"Toothless!" Hiccup said angrily, holding the dragons snout. "Put the dagger away." He said to me.

A looked at him with wide eyes. "Are you crazy! That-that...thing, may have killed my BROTHER!" I yelled angrily, brandishing the dagger in front of me. The dragon growled at me angrily and I saw a glowing purple light from the sides of its mouth. There was a sharp noise and I felt cold metal on my back.

"Put away the dagger." Astrid said to me, holding her sword at my back. Slowly I put the dagger away and everyone around me relaxed. Astrid put down the sword.

"Follow me." Hiccup turned on his heel and the dragon eyed me warily, then followed him. Astrid narrowed her eyes at me and followed Hiccup and the dragon. I sighed and followed them.

We came to a clearing by a river. It was scorched and there was a scattering of food and burnt gauze. Staring at it I sat down. There was nothing left. I had seen Gavin and Raven jump into the river, but I didn't care much for them. Percy and Annabeth had run off as well. But Fili and Pippin and Eowyn, they had been on the other side of the fire. Tears pricked my eyes when I felt someone nudge my shoulder. Looking up I saw the dragon staring at me with wide eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked in an angry voice. It made a sound in its throat and cocked its head. "I'm assuming that's some kind of apology." It gave me a toothless smile. "Hmm. Is that where you got your name?"

Hiccup walked over to Toothless. "There are more dragons about, and you and Astrid need mounts. Toothless can take us there." He jumped onto a saddle that was on Toothless' back and Astrid followed suit. They took off into the sky before I could say a word. I jumped to my feet and watched as they circled around.

"Oh no." I mumbled as Toothless came straight for me. He grabbed me around my waist and took off. "AHHHHHHHH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as we soared over the river and then over the forest beyond.

*Authors Note*

Hope you like where it's going! I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in Alex's point of view for the next chapter or switch to Fili's. We'll see. Well, I hope you're all enjoying it! Make sure to comment, follow, vote, and check out my other stories. Alex out, peace!