-IX-

"They want the kids." The guy on the other line answered him.

Mingkwan gritted his teeth trying to calm down but his years of self retraint seems not working again ever since the commotion in the shopping center earlier happened.

"I've already given them all of their daughter's assets. I don't owe those people anything. Everything she owned was already transfered to her father's name. They knew that I refuse to have anything that related to her except the kids." He said while trying not to smash his phone.

The couple loathed Mingkwan because their daughter's death also cut off their lifeline. Moowan killed herself for her own selfish schemes and they keep on puting the blame on him. Her father believes that they lose their precious jewel because of him.

Greediness is the root of all of this tragedy. They created a monster out of their daughter to gain wealth and power. Moowan's parents knew that their daugter is not normal yet the two encourage and supported her sick habits and eventually made a living out of it. A perfect example how twisted humans could get for money and social status.

His lawyer just sighed in return. He is also frustrated that his cousin and the children have to face this kind of fate. He is close with Mingkwan ever since they were little and witnessing misfortunes happen to the guy devasted him.

Although he tried helping by approaching the Mingkwan, the CEO already set his walls too high that even the most genuine people around him was shut off from his life.

"Ming I think they wanted the children because that just meant you would be sending financial support to the kids while they are under their care. They said it's either you accept what they wanted or they'll file a lawsuit for legal custody. We won againt your wife, I'm confident with this too but we will sure struggle. This fight might affect you and the company. Ever since she died you know that the company is still unstable. We will win but you will also lose as much."

Minkwan pinched his nose bridge and slightly massaged the nasal bone near his eyes. His head throbs and his eyes stings from not wearing his eyeglasses or contact lenses for too long.

"Singto can we talk tomorrow? Let me rest first I've had enough for today." The CEO said. He feels like his mind is shutting down at the moment.

"Okay rest well. Take care of yourself and the kids." The guy ended the call after that.

"Fuck!" Mingkwan hissed and angrily tossed his phone on his bed. He was so angry that he wanted to flip the situation to his advantage. He wanted to expose everything about his psychotic ex wife but at the same time he doesn't want to go through the agonizing process. He also doesn't want to drag other innocent people to this. He is cut off from his emotions but he never wanted to bring harm to anyone intentionally. He is naturally cold because that just meant that people will be distant. He preferred being feared at but he is not a cruel guy.

He is not raised to hurt others even after all those months full of hatred from the people around him.

Now, his former in laws wanted to stripped the ones that's keeping him alive. Given thag he was already a dead man the day Moowan ruined their life but he did not regret any of his decisions because she still gave him Lauren and Cooper. If he will be given a chance to change his past he will never undo anything because of his children.

He blankly look at his surroundings. The dull room was decorated with few toys lying on the dark marble floor. He is well aware of his obsession with dark hues but the bleakness before begins to fade away because of some visible hint of Wayo's touch around his house. It was gradually becoming the home he has always been craving for. The place that used to be under his mother's care.