Chapter 25

Tobias POV|
I walk back downstairs to see the group. My cheeks are red with warm tears covering my cheeks.

"What the hell happened?" Uriah says.
"She said that she was leaving so she could give me and Marlene some alone time. I don't understand why she is acting this way" I say.
"I'm going to go find her, Zeke, Christina come with me. Marlene I'm dropping you off home" Uriah says.

"Contact me as soon as you know something. I love her and I didn't mean for this to happen" I say.

"Yeah" he says.

-----------------------------------
Tris POV|
I'm sitting on the beach crying. I came to the beach because it was the place where Tobias and I had our first kiss.

Under the magical surise. The sky was pink and orange, the waves made soothing sounds as they crashed against the wet sand. That was a magical time.

Now I'm sitting on the beach with tears wetting my face as they leave my eyes. It's nighttime and I can faintly see the grey clouds, indicating that it's going to rain.

I think I took this too far. It was only a game and I shouldn't have lashed out at Tobias, that was a wrong move but, I need some time to think.

I really need to talk to someone right now. I feel the urge creeping up my throat to take out the razor blades from my bag.

My hands are shaking as I open the zip of my black bag and pull out the packet of 2 razors. The shiny blade that points out at the corner of the left side, tiny scratches along the metal peer through.

I drag the blade across my wrist, the feeling of relief comes over me. When I use the razor I think of myself as a big ball of stress and when I make a cut and blood tickles my skin the stress, pain and hurt slowly fade away.

After about 5 minutes my left wrist has more red than skin. I don't bother cleaning it, I'm used to the stinging.

I hear my phone go off inside my bag. The screen reads 'Tobias, Incoming Call' I click decline and lock the screen.

I take a deep breath and let out a big blow of air. I pick up my phone and call Christina.

"Hello?" She says.
"Hi" I say.
"Tris! Are you okay?"
"No" I say as tears well up in my eyes.
"Where are you?"
"At the Navy Pier beach, I need to talk to you. And only you"
"Okay, Uriah is going to drop me off, I'm going to be 5 minutes. Please hang on" she says
"Okay" I say. I hang up the phone and put it into my bag.

The one thing I miss most is that Tobias would always have his hand on me. Even at the dinner table he would place his hand on my thigh and rub slow circles with his thumb. I miss the soft touch of his skin, the way his plump lips moved perfectly with mine. The thought makes a sob come out of my mouth along with tears.

I hear Christina walk over to me. She has a flash light in her hand so she can see where she is going. She sits down beside me.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I fuck everything up. It was just a game and I..." I burst into tears. Christina wraps her arms around my neck and shoulders.
"Shh. You don't fuck everything up. You were just mad and I understand" she says.
"I need him" I say "but he won't forgive me now"
"Yes he will, he said that he loves you and he didn't mean for this to happen"

Realisation hits me. I need to call him. I need him, I want him. I can't live without him. I pick up my phone.

"Your wrist!" She says loudly
"Ugh, don't worry about it" I say dialling in Tobias's number.

"Hello?" He says, his voice sounds croaky and tired.
"Hi" I whisper.
"Tris. Where are you, baby?" He says.
"At the Navy Pier beach. Can I come back and talk?" I ask.
"Yeah, see you in 10 minutes?" He asks.
"Yeah" I say.
"I love you" he says. I fall silent for a couple of seconds.

"I love you too"