CHAPTER 8 - Blending in

You've sat down on one of the chairs in the room in silence

You've sat down on one of the chairs in the room in silence. The boys are still speaking to one another but you can't concentrate. The shocking news that Jungkook told you still linger in your mind. A feeling of emptiness and complete sadness embraces you but you've managed to remain stoic.

When Namjoon sniffs and wipes away some tears your thoughts switch off and your attention is solely on the guilt-filled leader. You hear him apologize to his members, saying that he should have taken more precautions during the concert. Then he mentions a letter and you're out of your seat and walking towards them.

“You received a threat letter?” you ask with shock and incredulity.

Who would ever do such a thing?

“𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐳𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬,” interjects Jungkook, looking at Namjoon with a somber expression on his face.

“𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥,” says Taehyung.

Jin nods.

“𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡,” speaks up Suga. “𝐖𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬,” he takes a bottle of water from the countertop and takes a sip then hands it to Taehyung, who also drinks from it.

“𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧...” Namjoon whispers with tired eyes as he leans towards Jin, who offers his shoulder.

“What made you think nothing would happen? Death threats are not a joke! Things like these can't be taken lightly,” you scold, feeling like the boys haven't grasped the gravity of the situation they are in.

“𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 2018. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲,” Jungkook says, looking at the floor. “𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐮𝐦.”