CHAPTER 13 - Breakfast

The morning came slowly with little sleep and a rollercoaster of worries and emotions. You blink, looking at the ceiling with tired eyes as Jesse snores beside you, hugging your torso.

Exhaling through your nostrils, you decide to get off the bed. Sluggishly, you grab your phone and lock yourself in the bathroom. You check your messages for any news of Edward and your team but there's nothing. The email inbox is empty too.

Caressing your temples with your fingers, You try to ease the tension building on your neck and back. You'll just have to wait until they call. That means that until then, five of seven members will be living with you and Jess. The thought makes you shiver. You hope Jesse will behave for the next few days or you'll kill her yourself.

After washing your mouth and face and changing clothes to a plain t-shirt and jeans, you go downstairs.

The house is quiet.

You make your way to the kitchen on your tiptoes and begin to observe the refrigerator. Jin and Suga cooked last night and you want to return the favor by making breakfast. The fact that they are still asleep gives you time to organize your thoughts and make a typical Korean breakfast.

You ring your mother and ask for a Korean recipe. Then you take out all the ingredients and begin by making rice in the rice cooker. Then you start making a light vegetable soup and a stewed fish. You finish everything by doing a few banchan like kimichi, sliced cucumber, and carrots.

You ponder on whether you should do a few gyeranmari as it's been a while since you last visited your parents and you never have time to prepare the egg rolls yourself. Checking the watch, you see it's barely seven-thirty and decide to do them.

You take a couple of eggs, a few mushrooms, four baby carrots, a third of an onion, and half a green pepper. You start chopping the vegetables and notice a figure leaning against the wall dividing the kitchen from the living room.

Seokjin smiles when he sees you staring and walks towards you.

"How long have you been there?" You ask, forgetting all pleasantries.

"Not long," he replies as he comes over the counter and stands beside you.

You stare at him blankly.

"You've cooked a lot," he muses, looking at everything you've prepared so far. "Why don't I help you with this?" he says, grabbing one of the eggs.

"Uh, okay?"

There's not much to say. Even if you say no, Jin will probably still help so why waste time arguing about when you have the oldest BTS member besides you? You might as well take advantage of the current situation and spend some time with all the members.

"Great," he says, beaming at you before breaking the eggs into a bowl and whisking them together. "I'll use a bit of salt and milk if that's okay," he tells you as he opens the fridge.

You finish cutting the vegetables into tiny pieces then observe as Jin pours the milk and throws a pinch of salt. He mixes everything together along with the vegetables as you heat up the pan and melt a teaspoon of butter in it. Jin proceeds to empty the contents of the bowl in the pan right above you.

The position you're in makes you blush as it almost feels like he's hugging you instead of pouring the egg mix.

You grab the spatula and wait for the ends of the egg mixture to cook; Then you start turning it but notice it's too big. "Ah, here, I'll help," Jin mumbles as he gets the other spatula and stands beside you, touching elbows with you.